Software Update Error
eyom
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get a constant notification to update my software so I click install now.  Phone reboots, you see it starting to update, then bam!  Error...

No matter how many times I try to update same thing.  Now I've given up on the update, but the notifications won't go away...

Either how do I get this update to work or how do I turn off the notifications?

0 Likes
Re: Software Update Error
gagcas2
Enthusiast - Level 2

which update are you trying to download?  is it the Canada roaming one or are they FINALLY starting the kit kat for the note 2's?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@eyom,

Let's figure this out and get your phone updated! Are you currently outside the USA or connected to wifi when this happens? You need to be connect to the VZW network for the update to run successfully.

Try removing the SIM card for a few minutes. Insert and retry the software update. Keep me posted. 

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
eyom
Enthusiast - Level 2

gagcas2:  It's the one that the phone keeps telling me to update.  I'm currently on 4.3 so I'm assuming it's the Canada update.   But who knows.  Can't get this to update so not sure...

Verizon Wireless Customer Support:  Already tried that.  Sim card, battery, full power down, etc.  Nothing I've tried seems to work.  And I know the typical answer from Verizon is to go visit a local store where I'll meet a nice representative who has no idea how to fix this, and inevitably tell me to call the *611 tech support, who I'll speak with that won't know how to fix this issue, thus getting a new device shipped out, which will have another defect or problem with the phone as that phone being shipped will be a refurbished phone...  But to go with the flow, and help try to resolve the issue, the error messages states the following after failing to try the install:

"Software Update Unsuccessful

Sorry, there was a problem updating your SAMSUNG SCH-I605.  No Changes were made.

OK"

And then I'll click OK, and then 5 min later, I'll get the Do you want to install later or now notification.  Like I said, either help to get this notification turned off or get the phone upgraded... Either or, I'm just annoyed this error message won't go away...

0 Likes
gagcas2
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes its probably the canada update.  cause god knows when we will get the kitkat to the Note 2 to fix the glitches that the 4.3 did to it

0 Likes
eyom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any other options?  this is really getting annoying.  just keeps telling me to uodate then stopping midway.  i juat nred to either grt this to update or get this to stop showing me this error message to keep updating.  help please

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's look further into this eyom! I suggest backing up the device and completing a factory reset here http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/69819/ Please attempt the update and share. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes