Re: Several Verizon stores have the Galaxy Note II in stock already.... but can't sell until Thursday (11/29/12). That makes absolutely NO SENSE.
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

stressed??? you were a little more than stressed mandy baby.

0 Likes
Re: Several Verizon stores have the Galaxy Note II in stock already.... but can't sell until Thursday (11/29/12). That makes absolutely NO SENSE.
mormandy3
Contributor - Level 1

When all is said and done, the pre-order was not only pointless, but counter-productive for many, myself included. Since I have a job and will be at work tomorrow and won't be there for delivery, and since they won't deliver to my office, and since I can't arrange a pickup from a Fedex location, I will have to wait until I get out of work, race over to the Fedex location, and hope it comes back from delivery before the location closes. I guess they expect people to take the day off to wait for their phone, because other than that I can't figure out why they did this.

Meanwhile, I talked to the store that is a few blocks away, and they already have them in a sealed box which will be opened at 9am tomorrow, at which point anybody who wanders in the door can buy their phone and have theirs before me. I may not even get it tomorrow if the Fedex delivery truck doesn't get back to the main location by 7pm.

So basically, there is absolutely no advantage to pre-ordering, and every reason NOT to pre-order, ever again. Thanks Verizon, well handled.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

B33 wrote:

Hey AZ you gonna get your Little Ones a Wii U for Xmas just wanted to Ask them things are neat the other day i Visited the Site with Mine it's just like being on with a P.C. b

nah....they're still young enough to be happy with the old wii. the oldest wants an xbox, but thet are supposed to have a new one next year. no big items this christmas!!!! the U looks pretty cool though. maybe in a year it will be $100 cheaper.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

mormandy3 wrote:

When all is said and done, the pre-order was not only pointless, but counter-productive for many, myself included. Since I have a job and will be at work tomorrow and won't be there for delivery, and since they won't deliver to my office, and since I can't arrange a pickup from a Fedex location, I will have to wait until I get out of work, race over to the Fedex location, and hope it comes back from delivery before the location closes. I guess they expect people to take the day off to wait for their phone, because other than that I can't figure out why they did this.

Meanwhile, I talked to the store that is a few blocks away, and they already have them in a sealed box which will be opened at 9am tomorrow, at which point anybody who wanders in the door can buy their phone and have theirs before me. I may not even get it tomorrow if the Fedex delivery truck doesn't get back to the main location by 7pm.

So basically, there is absolutely no advantage to pre-ordering, and every reason NOT to pre-order, ever again. Thanks Verizon, well handled.

just consider it a lesson learned. RARELY is a pre order required to get what you want. once in a while they have come a day earlier than the official launch, but usually they come the same day and, depending on where you live, you can also usually walk right in to a store and get it. i get what you're saying. the only time i ordered a phone, it was at a fedex hub that i can literally walk to from my office by friday afternoon. however, it had a monday scheduled delivery and per verizon's instructions, fedex MUST make an attempt to deliver before it can be picked up. so there i was on friday afternoon, knowing my phone was two blocks away, and that i would have to wait until monday to get it.....lol. they wouldn't let me pick it up, they wouldn't let me change the address to my office.....nothin.

out of curiosity, i went by 3 stores on the morning of the iphone5 launch. 2 of them had 4 or 5 people outside waiting in line right before they opened. the other had maybe a dozen. you could have walked in to any of the MANY sotres in phoenix that day and got it.

0 Likes
mormandy3
Contributor - Level 1

Yes for sure, lesson learned, and you make good points. The thing that was different in this situation is that they refused to issue a release date for in-store sales, so you were left wondering how long it would take to get them in stores, and it was a motivating factor to pre-order.  I wouldn't pre-order again.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah, but just so you know, the shipping (delivery) dates are ALWAYS going to be when they launch at the stores as well. once in a while they will end up getting overnighted so it comes a day early, but that's rare.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Yea it's a little on the Expensive side but it's hole allot of Fun too! b

0 Likes