Screen has yellow tint after the N960USQS3DTB2 update
Disneydollars
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I updated my Samsung Galaxy Note 9 with the software version N960USQS3DTB2 almost two weeks ago, my phone now has a yellow tint on the scree that won't go away.  It's not the blue light filter.  I have already gone through the Troubleshooting process and that did not work (safe mode, reset, etc.)  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can get rid of the yellow tint?  

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Screen has yellow tint after the N960USQS3DTB2 update
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I doubt a software update that was installed two weeks ago caused a hardware issue like a yellow tint displaying on the screen. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Disneydollars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for your reply.  Because you doubt that that update caused the issue, what do you recommend doing to correct the issue?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

These are your options for a hardware problem:

1.  If you are still under warranty, I would recommend reaching out to the manufacturer for your warranty repair options including sending the phone to the manufacturer for repair. 

2.  You could also go through Verizon Wireless for a warranty claim which means you will get a certified refurbished (ie not a new phone) phone as a replacement and you will need to send your phone back to Verizon Wireless.

3. Locate a reputable phone repair shop and have them replace the screen. Depending on the shop, the repair might be covered by the warranty. You should verify this prior to having the shop repair the phone. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you see this?

Broken Displays 

0 Likes
Disneydollars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  Unfortunately the phone is out of warranty already and there are no local service locations opened.  Will need to think about the Verizon option though because I don’t want a refurbished phone as  it was refurbished for a reason.

Disneydollars
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you tikibar1 for the article.  Aside from the yellow tint, my phone has heating up and has the grainy lines when that happens.  It’s rendered my phone quite useless for reading emails, text messages and viewing text on websites. This has been a horrible update.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Disneydollars. We want your screen to work normally, so I understand your concern about the yellow tint. Your troubleshooting efforts so far are appreciated. Next, please place your phone in safe mode. Safe mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state to help determine if a third-party app is causing the issue. Please follow the steps listed in http://spr.ly/66071LjuP and keep us posted.

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you made any adjustments to your device settings and did you configure your device in Safe Mode? If so, what was the result? TaylorH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We completely understand your concerns and want to be sure that this is resolved. To clarify, when you placed your device in Safe Mode, did you notice any improvement? 

Jose A.M_VZW

0 Likes