Samsung note 4
Justin34

Why will my Samsung Note 4 not stay connected to the Wi-Fi at work it starts to connect and then it throws me off ...I've always been able to connect my phone to the Wi-Fi at work but all the sudden it does not want stay connected

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung note 4
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of encryption does your work's network use? 802.1X (RADIUS) / WPA2-AES Enterprise? Or are they using something else?

What version and build number of the OS do you have installed?

The Note 4 in the last two updates has some Wi-Fi bugs which cause the phones to do this. A system update is required to correct this as it's a driver issue. There are some other underlying issues such as IPV6 connected services not working when the screen is off, if your work or home network support this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

What kind of encryption does your work's network use? 802.1X (RADIUS) / WPA2-AES Enterprise? Or are they using something else?

What version and build number of the OS do you have installed?

The Note 4 in the last two updates has some Wi-Fi bugs which cause the phones to do this. A system update is required to correct this as it's a driver issue. There are some other underlying issues such as IPV6 connected services not working when the screen is off, if your work or home network support this.

0 Likes
Justin34

How do I find this information,

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

For the OS version: Go to Settings > About Device. You'll find the Android version and the Build Number.

For the Wi-Fi Security: You'll see this when the phone is in range of the network, or can find out by asking your IT Department.

0 Likes
Justin34

Os is 5.0.1. / and work WiFi. Is WPA2PSK

0 Likes
Justin34

This is also what it says, how do I do this in settings

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

That should be enough info.

Please try this and see if it helps. Reboot your phone afterwards. Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Click the Triple Dot menu button at the top right of the screen > Select Advanced. Set "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" to Always, turn on and then turn off "Smart Network Switch" and uncheck the Passpoint box.

Observe the behavior of the phone for the next 24 hours. If you see your phone disconnecting from the network at work or any other network (commonly, you'll see the phone flash "Connected to xxx" at the bottom of the screen even if Wi-FI didn't actually show it disconnected), please let us know.

This could still be a phone software issue or it could actually reside with the gear at the office, or somewhere in between. Wi-Fi is a complex animal to get right.

0 Likes
Justin34

Okay, I want to make sure, I have this correct.

**I have passpoint, UNCHECKED

**keep WiFi on sleep. I have this CHECKED as Always.

**And Smart Network is UNCHECKED.

AND THEN I DID SHUT PHONE OFF AND TURNED BACk on.

If this correct, Then I did it right , and I will wait, and then I will

send you a email letting you know a answer. Thank you.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Correct. Make sure to Check Smart network, and then immediately uncheck it. Sometimes software upgrades break this setting, and following this action will fix it. The end result should be an uncheck.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justin34, let’s get that note 4 back connected. When did this start? Will it connect to other WiFi networks? Has there been any major changes such as software updates?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes