Samsung note 4 charging issue
rebekahpowers1

Hello all!

I have a Samsung note 4 that I've had for over 2 years.  Recently it began charging slowly and won't charge at all when I'm on it or using it.  So far I've:

Bought and tried a new charger--no change

Bought and tried a new "brick"---no change

Bought and tried a new battery---no change

In addition to the above I've deleted apps, deleted files, and anything else I don't need and no changes.  I've also tried cleaning the plug area and while it did clear out some dust, it made no change in charging. 

I love my note 4 and can't imagine getting a new phone, especially with the prices!  Is there anything else that can/should be done before I turn it in on my "insurance"

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Samsung note 4 charging issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rebekahpowers1

We've all had a phone that we absolutely love and don't want to leave behind. It appears that you 've done a nice amount of troubleshooting so far, so thanks for being proactive. There are additional troubleshooting steps you can try. The first would be checking to confirm that Fast Charging is on by going to Settings > Battery > Fast charging. Once done, try placing the phone into Safe Mode to see if you notice any difference in the ability to charge. The steps for entering Safe Mode can be found here http://vz.to/2k0n2pk . If the issue seems to correct itself while in Safe Mode, then there's something installed on the phone that's the culprit. All third party apps should be deleted and reinstalled one by one to filter out which one's the issue. However, if the issue is still present in Safe Mode, a factory reset(complete erase) http://vz.to/28NGt0y would be recommended. After completing a factory reset, you'll want to set the phone up as new without installing any information(backups, apps, etc.) and test functionality. Keep us posted on how things go for you.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I've had some serious charging issues after a major update last year. I often get the "fast charging wont work with this cable (even though it does, and is the original Samsung cable). I've also found the phone often fails to charge the final few percentages. As an example, just now my phone has been plugged in for the last 90 minutes, but it's only at 92%. As with other times, I can turn off the phone, pull the batter and restart the phone. Once it's restarted, the charging shows 100%. This is after numerous factory resents, etc.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Keeping your phone charged is a must, diagoro. We're sorry to hear you've been having issues since an update last year. That is definitely too long to have. Let's dig into this and get this corrected. When did the charging issues begin? After your reset, did you set up the phone as new with no apps for 24 hours before adding apps back? Has there been any damage to the phone?

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes