Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5g (SM-N976V) from 2019 does not support 5G
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Jtcmart,

We value your nearly 15 years of loyalty and certainly don't want to lose your business. I can completely understand why you want to get the very best service. I would love to clear this up though and find a solution that keeps you with us.

At the time the Note 10+ 5G came out, we only had one 5G network and we had only announced one. That is our UW network and the Note 10+ 5G continues to work great with that network. We are still working hard to expand it to as many places as possible as well. The 5G Nationwide network is not a replacement for it and nothing has changed with our plans to bring UW to as many customers as possible. The Note 10+ 5G can still do everything we advertised it could.

The 5G Nationwide network is a different network, in the same way that 5G UW is a different network from 4G LTE. It uses completely different technology with completely different behavior. The speeds on the 5G Nationwide network are actually pretty similar to our 4G LTE speeds. The main difference is that it provides more bandwidth so more customers can get a connection and that benefits you even if you don't use it because it removes some customers from the 4G network. What about the 5G Nationwide network are you interested in? I would love to help find a solution to help that meet your needs.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
Kris_17

Just got off phone with Verizon and they basically are pushing it off on Samsung. Not much we can do until your eligible to upgrade or payoff your device. Hopefully someone can find better answers than myself but in my opinion it was definitely false advertisement 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kris_17

Having the ability to get the most out of your phone is important as we do so much on them. The initial 5G devices were 5G UW (ultra-wideband). Those devices only supported 5G UW and you have to be in a UW location in order to use that. Here is a link to the 5G FAQs that will discuss 5G and 5G UW https://www.verizon.com/support/5g-mobile-faqs/ I hope this helps to clear this up for you. 

Edward_VZW

0 Likes
ItsATechWorld

Did you get anywhere with the class action suit? Myself and 3 other friends will participate. Verizon has failed us all. I've tried to remedy the situation by upgrading early but they won't allow me to pay a few payments early to upgrade to a different device. So I'm stuck with A device that I won't allow me to use it for one of the main reasons I bought it.  I will be leaving Verizon. 

SLOULY86

Have you guys put a complaint with the Federal trade commission

0 Likes
DCole1794

Yea im going through this with them right now. I am absolutely done with Verizon. They can kiss my butt with this false advertising garbage. If anyone files a class action lawsuit, please include me. I'd love to cost this dirt company a fudge ton of money. 

yezews

The device was sold as 5g,I didn't know there were strings attached!

0 Likes
MrNegative370

Screenshot_20201203-083137_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'll back that. Here's is a screenshot of my Verizon customer service rep telling me that I receive both 5g UW and nationwide. So yeah, haven't been able to use it (obviously). If you plan on a class action, I will support. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's always our priority that you are properly informed about the networks available through your device and for your device. We will be more than happy to assist you. Please tell us, what's the ZIP Code associated with your current location? Also, please run a speed test on your device and share a screenshot of the results with us. You can do this by searching for "speed test" on Google.
GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes
Hennergy

Funny,  I just had to replace the SIM card on my Note 10 plus 5G at a Verizon store.  I mentioned that my phone had only seen 5G once since I bought it.  (In Wildwood NJ)

The Verizon store rep told me it was because I had an old SIM card. 

The phone has since been replaced,  with a new SIM card- still no 5G.  (Even tho my coworker,  has it standing next to me,  with his Note 20)

Not the Verizon employees fault,  or mine.  

It's the greed of the Verizon corporation. 

0 Likes