Re: Samsung Note 10+ 5g (SM-N976V) from 2019 does not support 5G

Customer Support

We certainly don't want you to feel that way, Chris520. I know it's confusing to find out that your phone doesn't support 5G Nationwide. However, I'm happy to shed some light on this. The great news is that the Note 10+ 5G still supports our ultra fast 5G UW network which we are working hard to expand. To see coverage, go here: http://spr.ly/6600HEg6A Also, at present, 5G Nationwide service is very similar to 4G LTE service and the Note 10+ 5G definitely supports 4G LTE. If you are looking to upgrade to a 5G Nationwide compatible phone though, you can go here to check out your options: http://spr.ly/6601HEg67 Does this help out? 

-RSM

0 Likes

That answer does NOT help out.  It is NOT confusing that my Note 10+ 5G phone doesn't support 5G nationwide. The fact is that Verizon wanted to be able to say the were rolling out 5G first and didn't really market the draw backs of Ultra Wideband vs. the 5G that the other carriers were rolling out after them, and before VZW rolled out the same.  So you marketed a 5G phone that only worked on 5G UW as a 5G phone.  All I was told is that as 5G coverage expands, my phone will be able to access it.  I was not told that a much more prolific version of 5G would come out that my phone can't support.  I have never seen my phone connected to 5G UW once.  And after reading of its limitations, I don't foresee ever seeing it connected.  This was misleading at best.  I could have purchased a Note 10+ without 5G for less.  I paid for something I'll NEVER get to use.  You can't say that 5G Nationwide was too new for the Note 10+, the Note 20 was already being built when the Note 10+ launched, so Verizon new that 5G nationwide was around the corner.

This is a huge problem that Verizon has to rememdy.

Did they respond to you? Thanks for your time.

0 Likes

They response was utterly the worst. Which is they cannot help us because we are suckered into buying a phone that does not work with their system (through Verizon).  

By the way, their UW 5g is a garbage anyhow. Not much improvement from 4g LTE.  I am sure there will be a investigation on what they mean by 5G soon. 

Talking to my friend on class action lawsuit.  Even just to publicize this scam.  

Count me in too.

Customer Support

We have replied, yes. This phone was manufactured prior to 5G nationwide being available. It is compatible with 5G Ultra Wideband. It is listed in the network capabilities of the phone as well. 

0 Likes

Customer Support

Stephenwang01, we understand the importance of experiencing great service at all times. What exact issues are you having with your service? Please share the details. 

0 Likes

Read my post prior so I don't have to keep explaining. This is exactly like your customer support. When one drop and another one pick up, they ask you to explain to them what the problem is without reading the previous notes.  I would have fired all of you if you worked for me. 

Customer Support

Our goal is not to make this a frustrating situation, stephenwang01. We would like to review your account and see what options we have available for you to take advantage of our 5G UW and 5G Nationwide Networks. Please reply to the Private Note we sent to get stated. 

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes

Verizon has been my service for almost 15 years.  Ill be switching to another carrier that does not deceive their customers when selling a phone.  Also please let me know how to join the class action lawsuit.