Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
johnq30

Ok, this worked for me. I hope it works for you. I got the n3 whenit first came out and had no troubles. In the spring of this year my phone signal became terrible and made the phone a little more than a tablet because i could not use my phone without missing every other word or just dropping calls. Customer service takes forever and got me nowhere. THey sent me new phones and sims and even a network extender and still terrible phone calls. I read on here about the update changing the antena capabilities and basically ruining the phone part of this device. This fit the problem i was having.So i unistalled ant You will find two apps labelled ant in your task manager menu. The menu pops upasking if you want to set it back to the original version. I answered yes. THe problem i ran into was that it would immediately redownload as soon as i turned on my network connection. What i had to do was shut down my internet connection, uninstall both ant programs or reset to factory version, then go in the all programs menu and disable ant. by disabling, i was able to turn on my internet connections and it stopped redownloading. Idid this fix last night and my service is restored. I shut down my extender and although before i make a call it still shows only 2 to three bars at best, but once i begin a call the bars jump up to 4 and five and the call quality is good. the signl is around -75 which is a lot beter than before i uninstalled the ant when the signal averaged about -108. This is great.

THe downsideof this is that i am no programmer and it is hard for me to believe that verizon couldnt figur this out and save us all a lot of grief. I have been paying for service i havent received and it was assimple as uninstalling and shutting down their update for the antenna.  I hope this helps you all

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
ghostndragon
Enthusiast - Level 3

Following up on this...

It would appear that Verizon has the power to figure out and fix interference, but not the ability to get back to the customer as to the source of the interference as promised.  Further, Verizon managed to fix the lack of voice service temporarily.  Whatever caused my problems is back.  I am dropping calls worse than ever and missing some entirely.  I will be calling Verizon AGAIN.  It would seem that this is a very specific Verizon problem, as my boyfriend's phone, also a Note 3, on the AT&T system works just fine when mine doesn't.  I've tried every fix at my disposal.  I am so fed up with this.