Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
talonzme

Inside my house, upper floor, my Note 2 got great reception (usually 4 to 5

bars or max signal). The note 3 is getting -110dBm and 30 asu (1 to 2 bars

minimum signal). My wife's S4 gets about -50dBm and 2asu. When I go

downstairs mine switches to 3g and hers stays on 4g.

Sent from my Note 3

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

--- Original message ---

0 Likes
talonzme

I haven't seen a song to change other than choosing a network. This doesn't

do anything.

Sent from my Note 3

Sent with AquaMail for Android

http://www.aqua-mail.com

--- Original message ---

0 Likes
Despairz
Enthusiast - Level 1

So.. today while on the road from Sacramento to San Jose, I'm trying to use the map app OR Vuze and not only is my gps having issues it seems I'm in the same boat as everyone else here but the problem only started in the last month or so. I had around three bars of LTE and then suddenly it drops out and drops to 1 bar on 3G and stays there. Meanwhile I look at my girlfriends iPhone (also on verizon same account, both being our first verizon phones who also had her maps app open, and it's sitting happily with 5 bars of full LTE.

How embarrassing since I switched from apple to the note 3 in October when it came out and the phone was great until these issues all started happening which renders the phone useless at times. I'll be selling this phone in less than a week if no fix or patch is provided.

I'm done (removed) around with this crap.

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
svan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have had the note 3 for about a year now. Up until about 3 months ago, I had awesome service on my phone. Then, all of a sudden, in the same house, I now get literally NO service. I can't make calls, cant send text messages. I work from home often and have literally had my boss ask me what the problem is with my phone, because I am often late to conference calls due to having to find the perfect spot in my house, and sometimes in my back yard or front yard, where I actually get service.

I called the Verizon help center, who said that I had to go to a Verizon store to first get help. I spent a Saturday morning going to the Verizon store, only to be told I had to go back home and call the Verizon call center. One problem.. I can't. The whole issue is that I cannot make calls from my house. I was told to borrow a phone from someone else to call. At this point, this has become ridiculous. I have been a Verizon customer for over 8 years, my bill is over $100 a month, I feel like in a situation like this the customer service should not be geared towards making me go even more out of MY way for something that I clearly did not cause. I realize I will most likely get no solution to this issue and will have to end up moving to another carrier, however I feel like an issue like this should be brought to someone's attention.

Thank you

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi svan1!

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and I'm here to help! Current zip code? Do you only experience the issue in your home? Have you attempted to remove and reinsert your sim card?

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
svan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi:

Thanks for the response. I have, the call center associate I spoke to

walked me through that process. Unfortunately no chance. I am in zip code

-Siegert

On Jul 9, 2014 6:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svan1, thanks for this information. No issues reported in North Carolina at this time. However, let's take a closer look at your device. Have you powered your device off/on to soft reset it since having this issue? Addtionally, try briefly removing the sim card from that device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSuppport

0 Likes
svan1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hii LasinaH_VZW:

I am in zip code 28205, and yes the verizon call center associate also reported no issues in the area code. I have both soft and hard-restarted the device multiple times since the issue began. I also have removed and re-inserted the SIM card. The issue happens within my house, and also I would say within a quarter mile of my house. I have also tried changing the network to Global, and that also does not work. I have numerous screen shots on my phone of failed text messages, and failed calls. I even have screen shots showing that it takes me on average 20-25 attempts to get a successful outgoing connection. If you would like me to provide those, I would be happy to. Thanks for your response!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

svan1, thanks for trying all of those steps. Perhaps, a new sim card would resolve this issue. You can retrieve one for free from any of our corporate store locations: http://vz.to/1h3etAK

We provide a one year manufacturer warranty. Have you had your device for less than 12 months? Is there any physical or liquid damage? Were you provided with the device warranty replacement option?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
budone
Legend

I have to ask, why are all the CSR's acting so clueless. ...... and I do

know the answer. ......

On Jul 10, 2014 4:58 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <