Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
Mommylala1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well still not a call back from Kristina in Nebraska... guess my thoughts on Verizon have not changed.  More empty promises... and still phone that doesn't work. 

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have up and bought my way out of the Edge contract and got a Galaxy S5.....

The good news for me is I now have a phone that works. The good news for Verizon is mo-money mo-money mo-money mo-money...

Good luck

0 Likes
talonzme

So from what I am reading there has not been a fix for the Note 3 service issues.  I just picked up mine on 5/18.  I now wished I had seen these forum conversations before the Note 3.  I like the phone itself, the features etc, HOWEVER, the lack of reliable service could definitely be a deal breaker for me.  The sheer number of people experiencing problems with the same issue and no resolution is very disappointing.  I did notice one thing in my Note 2 that may be different from the Note 3.  I had to disassemble my Note 2 and I noticed that it had two antennae, one on each side of the phone.  Could a change to this design in the Note 3 be the issue?  Another thought, the issue that the iPhone had with the metal bezel.....could this design flaw have been implemented in the Note 3 as well?  Either way a fix would be greatly appreciated for such a nice phone.  If not, then perhaps a change in service to maintain using the Note 3 is in order.

0 Likes
zigzagmolly

This is just unbelievable. I bought a Galaxy Note 3 two weeks ago. Worked great in the beginning, but now it is barely a cell phone. 99% of the time I can't make or receive calls. The bars seem to cycle from 4 bars to nothing on a regular basis. I am lucky if I can make a call when there are 4 bars, but often I am not able to. I sometimes get a "no mobile connection found" error message. Inserting my granddaughter's SIM card makes no difference. Phone is rooted and makes no difference which ROM is used. It is an obvious hardware issue that Samsung is obviously trying to avoid. I have owned a Captivate, then an original Galaxy Note 1 and loved them despite a few issues. Had to do some prying on the Note 1 to get the GPS to work. I have AT&T service with an unlocked T-Mobile phone. So what the heck do I do now? Try to go through Samsung via warranty and try to get a Note 3 that actually works as a cell phone? I LOVE the Note 3's other advantages, but I already have a tablet. I need a phone. Or just return the phone to Swappa.com and look for something other than a Samsung. Makes me so mad!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

zigzagmolly,

We want to make sure that you are getting the most out of your services with the Note 3. When did you noticed when the services on the phone started to have issues? Was it after a software update? Was there a new application that was installed on the phone? Have you been able to go into settings, More Settings, Mobile Networks, Network Mode, is that set to Global? If not, let's try setting it to global and re-try. What zip code are you in? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
talonzme

It was as soon as I got it. Within an hour it did the kitkat update.  I have tried it on all of the modes, global etc.  I am in zip code 06355.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you! I appreciate the insight. Is this issue occuring throughout the zip code? What type of signal strength are you receiving? Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
gbensinger

I have compared my note 3 signal to the signal on other Verizon phones. The N3 seems to always be about 20 lower. So in areas like Bellevue Michigan I have no signal but the person in the passenger seat can make calls on their iPhone. Comparing the N3 to the S4 on verizon the S4 seems to be in the middle between iPhone 4 being the best and Note 3 being the worst. Can someone working at Verizon simply look at the signal strength of the top 5 phones by setting them in the same spot on the same day at the same time - and then publish the result? "i5s -70, N3 -100, S4 -90 etc...?

0 Likes
Mommylala1
Enthusiast - Level 3

good luck with that, they will say each phone is different.  I said the same thing.  I can be in the car with my daughter and no service where she has the S4 and full 3 or 4 bars of service.  The note 3 on Verizon is worthless.. wish people would see this before they make the buy.

0 Likes
Mommylala1
Enthusiast - Level 3

they keep saying change the settings.. doesn't do a damn bit of good. 

0 Likes