Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for these details, Merric. Please keep us posted with the results of the new SIM Card. Also, not sure if you have tried this, but please check: Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Network Mode (Make sure this is set to LTE/CDMA > Global Data Roaming Access (See if it will allow you to choose : Allow access for all trips)

See if this helps you maintain a better connection. Thank you, Merric.

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Three questions for @EfrainM_VZW

1 - What level of awareness do you possess relative to the ongoing problem with the new antenna power management circuitry on the Galaxy Note 3 and the deleterious effect it is having on phone signal and, specifically, the signal failures Note 3 users posting in this and the other threads are referring to?

2 - Is their a timetable for ownership of this issue with Samsung?

3 - Are any real fixes being considered?

GregTal
Enthusiast - Level 2

WOW! It's shocking to see this issue is still present approximately 5 months after the phone has been released!! I pre-ordered the N3 and ended up selling it in Jan. due connectivity and call issues ... the fact the neither Samsung nor Verizon has been able to resolve these issues is just pathetic! People pay A LOT of money for these devices and having them fall short in their primary function is UNACCEPTABLE!

I have an opportunity through work to get a phone and was considering the Note 3 as I truly do miss the size, Spen and multiwindow feature ... I am glad I researched first and didn't assume these issues were resolved given the phone has been out almost 1/2 a year now! How I wish there Samsung had some competition in the whole "phablet with a pen" market!

0 Likes
Mommylala1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow, this is so disappointing to see.  I had decided to google to find out if anyone else was having service issues.  I had a note 2 and LOVED it but decided to upgrade for the better camera.  Worked ok for a out a month now nothing but issues.  Overall the phone is great as long as you don't want to make calls or text with it.  I have called verizon several times, first was told service issue in my area. Then told to go to the store and get a a new sim car.  Which I did and still no service.  Called again and was told it was probably the phone.. Sent a refurbished one...really after I just spent over 300 to up grade to a NEW phone, I get a used one, that's real nice In itself.  Well got the new used phone, had to reinstall all my apps and info lost ringtones and other things needed but oh well they got my 300 dollars they don't care.  Called again today as still no service.  She is "working" on the issue and will get back to me in a cpl days.  really this is sad I pay over 180 a month for mine and my daughters phone, which is high but verizon has always had good service until now.     I did inform her that I don't care if it's under contract or not that if they can't get me service I will cancel and change to a provider that can, sad as I have seen with verizon over 10 years.   Guess it's time for change. 

GregTal
Enthusiast - Level 2

Man, I really hate still seeing these posts! Especially after  I just had my job order me a Note 3 ... I was hoping that there were issues with the earlier batches of the devices. I saw a thread on xda were a user was having issues and then a vzw rep recommended trying a new number as a last resort effort. He states since that new number he's had no more issues (he had a old Alltel number) ... not sure if that's a solution for everyone, but I went ahead and had my job order my phone with a new number. Hoping for the best!!

0 Likes
KPrevite
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am on my second Note 3 do to this isssue.  Incredible disappointing with phone's signal, dropped calls, lack of ability to send any kind of text messages.  Totally unacceptable for a top of the line device.  Obviously there is a huge problem.  Is Verizon fixing this?  Or is this a hardware problem with the phone?  At least if it's a hardware issue, customers can go and get another phone if it is not going to be fixed in a software update.  I'm in the middle of Los Angeles so it's not a tower issue. 

GregTal
Enthusiast - Level 2

OK, so I think some users at xda may have stumble upon something here ... I'll try to make this short -

Pretty much the member had similar issues to this and went through same steps ... new devices, new SIM cards, etc. Issues never cleared up so one Verizon Rep decided as a last ditch effort to change his number ... BAM! All issues are gone!

Later in the thread another user states they've had similar issues and requested Verizon change his number and that a new number resolved their issues as well.

Now I was an early adopter of the N3 and ended up selling it in January due to horrible data and call quality issues. Fast forward to now and I was offered a company phone, so I opted to do it and have the company assign me a new phone number based on the information I read in this thread on xda. Just activated this Note 3 today and I aleady notice a huge difference!! Been going around town to areas where I remembered my first Note 3 would drop to 3G/1X or loose data all together and this new Note 3 held 4G strong! Also had my personal Moto X with me and looking in the system status the N3 was never more than 2-3 dBm behind the X!

I know changing numbers isn't doable for a lot of folks, but I think there is definitely there!!

Here is the thread if anyone is interested: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=51341779

0 Likes
oradba
Enthusiast - Level 2

It appears there are at least 3 separate threads involving this topics:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/807590?start=180&tstart=0  <-- Note 3 No Service? (this thread)

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/807795?start=310&tstart=0  <--Call Quality Issues

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/819084   <--Note 3 Poor Service

I've had my Note 3 for about a month: at work and at home signal strength shows 1-2 bars, am able to call and 4G internet access is usually good (drops to 3G occasionally but use LTE Discovery to bounce back).  However, in same zip code but about 4 miles east of my home where phone shows 4 bars, i cannot make or receive calls, although still have good internet access. Verizon sent me a replacement phone but experienced the same problem.  Have opened a trouble ticket with Verizon technical support to check their network.   Given the significant amount of discussion regarding various call/service issues with the Note 3, I am concerned that Verizon/Samsung does not have a solution, and I need my Note 3 to work as a phone.    I assume if Verizon cannot technically fix this they will have to offer some other solution.

0 Likes
mysteryflavor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am also having issues with no signal and this is insane how much I'm paying for this device with your edge program. I do not receive a signal in my home in my neighborhood and never faced this with any other device Ive had with VZW. I've had the service for over 10 years. So it has to be the device because there are also 4 additional vow devices i this home and they all work in the house. based upon all of the posts what will vzw do regarding this device.

Please don't reply by posting the canned template saying how important you know service reliability is. it is not a very genuine empathetic statement when you see that everyone receives the same template. I need direction on how to get what I paid for a reliable phone. I have not had this phone for a very long time. please advise next steps.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mysteryflavor,

It is concerning to learn that out of 4 devices in your home, yours is the only one that experiences this issue. Is this the original device or has it been serviced or replaced? Is your device in good condition? What is your zip code?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes