Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
Riztnack

I am in 67218. When I am at work (Cox Communications) I get full bars and great service. I will upload a screen shot from friday when I was at my Chiropractor. I did get a new SIM card but that was also already replaced when I took my phone in.

unnamed.png

0 Likes
Riztnack

this has been happening more and more. I am at work and I had to pull the battery and pull the sim and reinsert it to get service again.unnamed.png

0 Likes
rgupta408
Enthusiast - Level 2

RuthW_VZW

zip code 94568. I have not seen more than 3 bars anywhere I have been (except in the Verizon store, but they have a booster). Yes, when they swapped my device, they did all the SIM switch and then new device+old sim and new device + new sim.

I am surprised that almost every Verizon associates are clueless to this issue. Yet, the one person at the store pulled up an internal Verizon support website that showed there are hundreds of similar report, and moderator had advised them to open a NRB ticket (whatever that is). He said this is a known issue and “someone” is working on it. But then the store manager came over and turned things off. Seems Verizon is hiding this for fear of a fallout. Verizon, your customers are not stupid. Its better to come clean, say sorry, and fix the problem. Even if the problem is from Samsung, it is Verizon’s responsibility when so many of their customers are suffering.

Richa

0 Likes
palanza87

I have been having this same issue. This is crazy. I was actually having a sim card not found issue on my previous device. I thought all of my problems would be solved when I purchased this 600 dollar piece of hardware. It worked great until about a month ago. Its now going down the same path as my old device. I'm waiting for it to start saying no sim card. This is incredibly frustrating.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

The canned responses from Verizon here are almost comical. It's either a script or a complete suspension of disbelief with regard to the nature of our posts.

We are not stupid. We know what is happening. If you can't as a Verizon representative actually address the real problem, then just don't post because it gives us the impression that you think us top be fools.

0 Likes
rgupta408
Enthusiast - Level 2

Right. I am seriously thinking lawsuit.

On Mar 4, 2014 6:50 PM, "MyNote3Problems" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Riztnack. Since your phone is losing all connection and not finding the SIM card, it appears that you are having a hardware issue as well and the phone would need to be replaced. The warranty would cover the same model device. If you would like to follow this process, please respond to my follow request, and send me a private message.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

Thanks for the additional details Riztnack. Since your phone is losing all connection and not finding the SIM card, it appears that you are having a hardware issue as well and the phone would need to be replaced. The warranty would cover the same model device. If you would like to follow this process, please respond to my follow request, and send me a private message.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

and 

0 Likes
slush1422

I've had the same problem for the last 3 weeks and I got my phone back in October when they came out. Spoke to a Verizon Rep and he sent me to the store to get a new SIM card. It did NOTHING. I called him back and he just sent out a replacement (refurbished) phone which I will be getting today. Hope it works. It's a pain though how much time I've spent trying to get this fixed and all the time I've wasted trying to re-send texts and calling back people because my calls keep dropping, and NOW all the time it will take to set my phone back how I want it with the back-up, apps, etc. Very disappointed with this phone when it comes to this. And to think I left my iPhone for it. I do have to say though that all of my interactions with the Verizon staff has been great. The rep I spoke to the first time, even gave me his email so I didn't' have to go through my story all over again, and called me back right away when the SIM card issue didn't work, and didn't hesitate to send me a new phone.

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm trying to figure out what phone to buy outright. I can't reliably use the Note 3. Monday I drove for nearly an hour with no signal and all the time I was thinking about how bad it would be to have car trouble or an accident and not be able to call for help.

0 Likes