Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tcugrilla,

I understand how important it is to have reliable service and I'm glad we were able to assist you with a network extender though indoor coverage can't be guaranteed by any carrier.  Nonetheless, we want to make sure we do everything we can to help you. Please go to Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Network Mode>Set to CDMA/LTE.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Merric
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello, this is my first time posting on the forums.

I've had the note 3 since release. Got it on the first day, I was very happy with it at first. But as the past 6 months i'm very sad with it.

First off I did all the guidelines you said to do. Reset it, set it to CDMA/LTE and Etc. Everything I've done hasn't even made it work for a day.

As of late my phone isn't even holding a super strong charge due to the reception problems. Always searching for service is draining the battery and not making it last longer then 8 hours. I got the note 3 for work, but the only thing it's doing for me at work is being a paper weight. I understand indoor phone use can be sketchy. But even when i'm in the parking lot I can't seem to get a strong connection. I miss phone calls, and they just pop to voice mail.

I've tested my other phone at work that I had before the note 3. The Motorola Droid razer, I have 4 bars. But the note gives me zero....

Any advice?

0 Likes
Riztnack

I too am having terrible reception. I either lose all service in my house or I go to roaming, My wife's Note 2 has no issues in the house. What can be done to fine this?

0 Likes
randyloc

I am also having the same problem with my note 3, I just upgraded from a s4 to a note3 and I wish I had my s4 back.  Although I love the note 3 features and the larger screen the signal problem for this phone is just bad.  I can only get calls on my phone if I am near a window.  My wife has a s4 and she will have to bars and I can get any service.  i seen the circle with the line through more on this phone is the last month then I had ever seen with any of my other phones.  I might just switch back to my droid razr until I can get a phone that I can actual use.

0 Likes
cwa037
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here is my Note 3 experience. I have been with VZW for going on 3 years and they are great...............................until 11/2013.

I work at the airport in Boston and until November, call quailty was great and always had 4G at work. Then, my data dropped

to 3G..........which was no big deal because my tune in app still worked fine..........then, Mid-January, after 13 great months

with my Note II, I went to the Note 3. Gorgeous phone but now my 3G service at work stayed the same, BUT voice calls...

always 1 bar, sometimes no bars....and every phone call got dropped. I tried the new SIM, factory reset.......and still the same issue.

I went out and bought a HTC One Max, and goodbye dropped calls and signal issues. So, now I have a $550.00 Note 2 at home in the drawer, which I would rather use, and a One max which is a beautiful phone, but I don't need 2 Phablets.....so, hopefully maybe

the 4.4 update will fix this issue?           I will monitor these forums and hope to see an answer, otherwise, I'll sell it............

0 Likes
MyNote3Problems
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried all the suggestions. Still no relief. I don't feel like having Verizon send me another refurb and going through the transfer of all my apps and data again. I have a network extender but it's almost unusable on a 3mb DSL connection.

At home, I only use my Note 3 to tell the inbound caller I'll call them back from a "land line".

Wife's Galaxy S3 has no problem. My old Razr Maxx had no problem. The Galaxy Note 3 as a mobile device subset is a wonderful but tragically flawed technological marvel. As long as you don't need anything more than a WI-FI Phablet, you'll be pleased. If you need to make actual phone calls from anywhere other than an urban area, forget it.

I sincerely think these problems are related to the new and improved power saving circuitry built specifically into the Note 3 antenna. That Samsung would use us as beta testers for and unproven scheme is sad and telling. That Verizon won't lean on Samsung on the behalf of loyal paying customers is just as disturbing.

For those of you stuck with the Note 3 payment, a network extender will let you get and send texts and, at least, know when you've received a phone call. I wish I could go back to my Razr Maxx but gave it to my son-in-law... I like him to much to trick him into trading me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I completely understand the need of reliable service Riztnack! How does the service work outside of your home? What is your zip code? Did these issues just start? Have you tried to remove the sim card?

I am looking forward to hearing back from you so that we can better assist.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Merric
Enthusiast - Level 2

I find it a little strange, you randomly pick one person with the issue and say the persons name. But I'll also answer this question since you decided to ignore half of us. No it does not, zipcode is 27529. Service started almost as soon as I recived it . I got it on the first day it came out. And yes I have tried to remove it and i've had it replaced.

0 Likes
Riztnack

It has been going on since I got the phone but started being an issue when

I would get my voicemail messages hours later. My phone would never ring so

I had no idea I missed the calls.

On Feb 26, 2014 12:14 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
cwa037
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too.........ZIP codes 02127/02128       had the S3 for about 6 months........no problems........then had the DNA...no

problems.......then the note 2 for 13 months.......no problem.......last month,   got the Note 3......... call problems, and dropped

calls......and now I read Riztnack's quote I have that problem too,

I would get my voicemail messages hours later. My phone would never ring so

I had no idea I missed the calls.

Now, I bought a HTC One Max, and have no problems............ Pulled the Note 3 out of my

dresser at home yesterday (Which I like better), after a week, and same issues.........

So, got the One Max with me today so I can make and recieve calls................