Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
AussiePete

I too have been having this issue for about 3 weeks after receiving an update from Samsung.  The device was functioning fine for several weeks prior to that, and now oscillates between showing 3 bars and zero (circle with a line through it) about every 5 seconds.  If I do try to make a call while it shows one or two bars it fails stating no mobile network.  I rely on this phone for work and am now completely unable to work from home, having zero signal.  I have been a Verizon customer for several years and never had issues with cell service until now. I have removed battery and SIM several times, for many minutes, to no avail.  Please tell me there is a fix coming for this phone?

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
8rh

I also had problems with apps that needed data (like Waze and other navigation apps), For that, in addition to the information in http://support.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/88596/ which was given above by a Verizon Tech to fix phone calls. To enable the data also, while in Mobile Networks be sure that Mobile Data is checked and the Global Data Roaming Access is set to "for all trip".  Now my Galaxy is humming again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Nothing beats a reliable device, sdouthitt. Let's ensure you're able to experience all that the Galaxy Note 3 is able to offer. When you begin to run into issues what is your signal strength. You can find this information under Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength.

Please keep us posted to the results after removing the SIM card. Often times toggling airplane mode will help refresh wireless and improve service. We look forward to hearing from you.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand you're frustrated weo1209. I'm really sorry. How long have you had the S4? When was the SIM card replaced? Did this issue improve at all?

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
JohnMCouch
Enthusiast - Level 2

@weo129 I had the exact same problem with my Galaxy S4. It was replaced and everything was good again, until the applied 2 patches. It seems like every time I get a patch over OTA I lose my phone goes to crap. I factory reset and still crap. It is usually the wireless or phone signal that simply goes away. On my S4 I used to get 3-4 bars in my home. I applied an OTA patch in Oct. and my signal dropped to 1-2 bars and never got any better. As soon as I would make a call it would drop to 1 bar. I had numerous people email me asking why I wouldn't answer my phone and it was because it never rang. I got another patch in Dec. and it basically made my phone totally useless. Calls would drop, wireless would disconnect 10 feet from the router. I got tired of dealing with the Verizon support people telling me to reset it so I went and bought a note 3. So far things are OK, but the Bluetooth will drop off in the middle of a call. I am sure I will be told to reset it again if I call support. These people have no idea how frustrating it is to constantly reset your phone??? I have work apps on it that I have to contact my company support desk to get new keys for every time I reset.

0 Likes
sdouthitt

I have now received my 3rd Samsung Note 3. I had asked for a new sim card

when they sent the 3rd refurbished phone which Verizon rep said she would

but it didn't come with the phone. I am not going to switch to that phone

until I have a new sim card to put in it. I am so frustrated right now with

Verizon. They haven't been able to fix my "no mobile connection found"

since November. I can't call people or text people nor can I receive

anything from others. If it wasn't for my wi-fi, my phone would be

useless. I see I am not the only person having this issue according the

forums I have read although Verizon and Samsung tell me that I am. I hope

Verizon can fix my issue soon. I am ready to cancel my account. I have

already switched one phone to prepaid and I am about to do the same with my

other lines. I will not switch to Verizon prepaid though like I did the

first line. I guess I will learn from my mistake and spread the word on

social media about my problem with Verizon and the Samsung Note 3.

Hopefully others will listen to my problem and not make the same mistake.

It really sucks not having a working phone!

0 Likes
JohnMCouch
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went through the same crap on my S4. I am praying I don't have issues on my Note 3 now that I have it. The only problem I have ATM with this phone is that the Bluetooth will cut out in the middle of a call and switch to the speaker phone yet still show as the Bluetooth headset is still enabled. I have to turn off the Bluetooth and turn it back on during the call to get it to reconnect.

0 Likes
JohnMCouch
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interestingly enough, I decided to test the 4G using speedtest ookla app on my phone. after downloading it, I turned off my wireless and noticed I could only get a 3G connection. I turned off/on my Mobile Data and still no 4G. It wasn't until I restarted my phone that it finally picked up a 4G connection. I hope this doesn't turn into another S4 no 4G thing.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JohnMCouch lets make sure you stay connected! Fill us in on the details, how long have you noticed the trouble with the bluetooth? Do you use multiple bluetooth devices? If so, do you experience the same issue? Try running the device in Safe Mode to see if there are any applications interfering with the connection http://vz.to/1kOSTSH

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
metsnfins
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am very frustrated.  I am a longtime customer and also decided to upgrade to the Note 3.  I gave up my unlimited data because of the service.

My phone service is awful since the last update.  awful.

I sometimes show full 4g service or wifi but i have no bars for calls or texts.

I had the verizon store change my sim card but the issue still exists.

Is it possinle that it is my phone?

0 Likes