Re: Samsung Galaxy note 3 no service?
DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have opened I think 4 different tickets regarding this issue. They have closed all of them because Verizon thinks it's not their netowrk....umm it is their network. I get perfect service when I'm an hour away from my home.

0 Likes
DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

In fact, Verizon should give us all Galaxy Gear Watches to make up for this mistake

0 Likes
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish we could get free galaxy gear. And November is very long time, i might as well return mine too since it will take awhile. Thanks for letting me know, i was worried it was just me for awhile. Thank you

0 Likes
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also live in Virginia. I haven't gone out of state yet buy it does seem a lot of people here are having issues

Strunker

Im not sure if this has been discussed at all in here. But for whatever reason, the VZ branded note 3 is coming shipped by default with "Global" as the network provider.

Go into settings \ Wireless And networks  \ tap on more settings \ tap mobile networks \ tape network mode \ change to CDMA\LTE\EVDO.

Also make sure that mobile data has a check mark, and that your Acess Point Names is set to VZWINTERNET

Also be sure to reboot the phone after this.

You may also want to try popping out the sim for 2 min while the phone is completely powered down, then push sim backin, and walk around your neighbor hood for a bit.. Do this AFTER changing the above settings.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Smhawkins,

I am saddened to learn that you have not received the promised follow-up call and am confident you issue has been addressed since your original post! If not, I can happily review your account details in an effort to identify what transpired. At your leisure, please DM me your name and wireless number.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have done all that and tried it all, nothing has changed. But maybe it will work for some people.

0 Likes
DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too. Look the problem is a very smooth blend of Verizon's screw up with their network and Verizon's sad excuse every time we try to activate our Note 3's. Trying to blame it on Samsung is a joke, and I'm offended that Verizon would think I'm dumb enough to believe this is a Samsung issue when my Note 3 clearly worked in another market perfectly. I don't and probably won't trust this device now at any point. I may as well wait for the Note 4, or go to Sprint They are currently rolling out the 4G LTE in my market and people are saying its great! So yeah I may go back to Sprint. At least I know their Samsung Note 3's are working!

0 Likes
Smhawkins
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's what Verizon tried to tell me, that it is a hardware issue which doesn't make much sense. Might have to look into the 4G LTE from sprint though.

0 Likes
DjBobby
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was at Best Buy today and the Verizon Rep told me that Verizon has no idea what is going on in terms of the service not working on some phone (mine) even though it activates on my account. She also said they may never be able to fix it.

0 Likes