Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 not charging after Nougat Update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Towandad, having your phone charge is essential in everyday operation. We definitely want to get to the bottom of the issue at hand. I have a few questions to better familiarize myself with the issue. What happens when you charge in safe mode? Steps to get safe mode are here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-175656/

Have you been able to try wireless charging? If so, what were your results?

La’SindaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Fuki1979-

Software updates are supposed to enhance your phone, not cause issues. I'm sorry to read about the frustrating experience you've had and want to do everything we can to help. I'd like to gather a few more pieces of information. When did you download Nougat onto your Note 5? You mentioned that you are now not able to charge using a USB at all, are you still receiving the error message that you must use the manufacturers' charger?  What happens when you try to charge your phone using a USB in safe mode: http://vz.to/2dadol4?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you gone into recovery mode and cleared the cache partition? I know it sounds dumb but I had a S5 that was having the same problem when it took the update from lollipop to marshmallow. I did the whole factory reset but didn't clear the cache. After I cleared the cache and did the factory reset my phone was fully  charging and lasting a lot longer. Also I know this might not work for some but another thing to try is connecting your phone to the computer and make sure that you didn't get a corrupt file when you updated the phone.

Repair Assistant - Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do you boot the phone in safe mode? Also the phone was factory reset.

And it still is giving me the message to use the original charger even

though I already am

On Jun 4, 2017 4:22 PM, "vzw_customer_support" <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
Towandad
Enthusiast - Level 2

The link takes you to an "unexpected error"  my phone use to fast charge, now it barely charges but it certainly seems to fast use battery... It is far from the only problem I have with this phone.  My first one stopped working a few months after I got it.  Verizon sent a replacement, "factory refurbished", this one will reset the screen brightness to so dark and I have to go into a dark room to reset it, which sucks when I'm driving.  Then there is the note function, never auto launches anymore - just suddenly stopped -  and I pen detechaded warnings all the time when it's there.  I just was hoping for more going with the Samsung, all the hype but for what this phone cost me it has been my least favorite smart phone to date...

⁣Sent from BlueMail ​

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

same reply i gave you before when you claimed other chargers used to work.

"work" as in charging or fast charging with original cable.

i have a feeling you've used some old dog chargers that take 5-6 hours to charge & the batt overheated, causing your problems.

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

Bearone how much more specific do you need to be that I am using the

original charger that came with my note 5 which was fast charging fine up

until the Nougat update? I have multiple of the note 5 original charger

because my girlfriend used to have the same phone. You haven't contributed

anything of value to this post so please refrain from posting on this topic

any further

0 Likes
sonyams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm so over the issue with the Note 5 not charging and holding a charge. I've had about 3 replacements and it's the same issue. 2 Verizon employees have told me the issue is because of the software update. My problem is that's not under my control, and now I'm stuck with a paying for a phone I am not satisfied with! What is Verizon doing to rectify this issue? No, I don't want another replacement!

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is Verizon doing about this. I have a phone that is not performing right and I'm stuck paying on it until December? Can you give us a credit or something? This is absurd that there's a lot of people having these issues (just do a simple Google search) and no one has a solution except boot in safe mode, factory reset, delete your apps. No. Why should I have to do any of that. Make a patch for this broken upgrade and fix it.

0 Likes
Fuki1979
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been told by employees at Verizon and at Best Buy that it's the software that's actually disabling USB charging altogether in some of the phones. How is that the users problem if none of these issues were occurring before the update? This is terrible. It's ok until someone starts a class action lawsuit