Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Auto Date and Time in wrong timezone
Andre721
Enthusiast - Level 2

After getting an update last night for my Galaxy Note 5 (2/1/2017, Software update: N920VVRS3BQA1), the Automatic date and time option will set my phone to the Central time zone regardless of the fact that I am in the Pacific time zone (just outside of Seattle, WA).

Things that I have tried to fix the issue:

1. Turn off Automatic Date and Time, set the time zone manually, turn on automatic date and time.  The result is that it reverts to Central time zone.
  2. Power down the phone and power it back on.  The phone still thinks it is in the Central time zone.

Is there anything else I can try?  Is this an issue that is happening with others who have the Galaxy Note 5?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 5 Auto Date and Time in wrong timezone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Andre721 wrote:

Is this an issue that is happening with others who have the Galaxy Note 5?

Seems to be affecting S7s as well, i.e.,

S7 shows wrong time zone today 2/1/2017

0 Likes
reedesigned
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on my pixel. Luckily my fiancee sets her alarm 30 minutes after mine since this "update" clock change skipped over my alarm time. I woke up thinking I had half an hour to get to work. Phone said 630am but it was actually 430am (Seattle time). I found the only solution being turn off network time. I'm not bothering calling Verizon service... They aren't very good

Ces23
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's not your phone or the update, it'seems Verizon. I'm near Tacoma and my husband and I's phones are having the same issue. We literally both got up at 4 am and got ready for work. It wasnt until 5 am, after my husband had started driving to work, that we realized the time was wrong by 2 hours... I have friends north of Seattle with the same issue. We restarted our phones and they temporarily switched back to the correct time. They went back and forth several times before staying at the wrong time (it's 7 am and it's still incorrect on my phone). I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone! Super confusing.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is the zip code for the location?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
PURELYPENGUIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Magnolia on a Droid Turbo and have the same issue. Seattle today is Central Standard Time apparently. You can turn off automatic time zone and manually switch to Pacific. I'm just going to wait it out and use a watch.

Andre721
Enthusiast - Level 2

My present location is in Kent, WA... 98032.  I live in Federal Way, but I wasn't paying attention to the time on my phone when I collected it on my way out and left for work. 

This whole business of the possibility of a software glitch is why I use a normal alarm clock instead of my phone's alarm. Smiley Happy

Andre721
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just asked a work colleague about his phone.  He has an Android phone but is not on the Verizon network.  His time settings are working fine which strengthens the possibility that this is strictly an issue with Verizon.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader