Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
Tidbits
Legend

Like I said earlier. Watch the Korean carriers. If you see a CDMA/LTE version pop up there then there is a chance Verizon may carry it. If not then Sprint nor Verizon will have it.

0 Likes
wbisme
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'd have to agree with most of you. Ive been a long time Verizon customer. Been to other carriers and verizon surely excells in service and reliability. But falls extremely short on the latest and greatist of devices. Ive been eagerly anticipating the Samsung Galaxy note 2 release. If verizon dosnt offer the device my family will be switching to the carrier who does. This is a fantastic machine. The note was a great piece of work, and had it not had been for contract id had left last year. The S III is a good device as well but i am looking for a tablet not a pocket sized tiny screen phone with features. Im tired of carrying a tablet, a phone and a laptop, Samsung has made there device as if they pulled it from my dreams, so come on verizon polish your knees and get this launched next month.

CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

The thing that kills me is not knowing either way. I mean at least post on her and tell us its not coming this Fall so that we can look at other options. Where's the great customer service in not telling us at least a big fat 'NO'? So if someone from Verizon could please tell us either way, that would be much appreciated.

Tidbits
Legend

CDMA_LTE_Iphone wrote:

The thing that kills me is not knowing either way. I mean at least post on her and tell us its not coming this Fall so that we can look at other options. Where's the great customer service in not telling us at least a big fat 'NO'? So if someone from Verizon could please tell us either way, that would be much appreciated.

Just look at Koreas carrier websites.  The one with CDMA/LTE isn't carrying it so far, which gives signs that it won't be on a CDMA carrier.  To date all Samsung phones have ALWAYS been sold in Korea.  I don't see my a CDMA/LTE Note 2 would be different do you?

0 Likes
corymcnutt
Contributor - Level 2

If that's the case, the Note was sold in Korea and had CDMA/LTE and Verizon passed on it, correct?  Just asking, as I do not know.  But if that is true then even a Korean Note 2, might not mean a Verizon Note 2.  I want this phone in the worse kind of way...come on Verizon!

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

No there was NEVER a CDMA Note either.  Note 1 specs right here.  WCDMA is NOT the CDMA Verizon uses.  WCDMA is what AT&T and T-Mobile uses for data on their 3G network(This is how their 3G network allows voice and data).

http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/lgt/SHV-E160LBK3LC

http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/skt/SHV-E160SBK1SC

http://www.samsung.com/sec/consumer/mobile-phone/mobile-phone/kt/SHV-E160KBK3KC

The 3 versions they have.  Now I believe LG+ uses CDMA as well as GSM, but you have to choose which you want and Samsung would make both versions for that Carrier.  Which has not happened for the Note 1 or Note 2.  They just been making the GSM/LTE.  Probably more than  likely LG+ is planning on dropping CDMA when they go VoLTE so there is no point and I believe they are planning to be the first carrier to fully deploy VoLTE is korea.

Also here's their US page specs

They make no mention of a CDMA model again

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxynote/note2/spec.html?type=find

0 Likes
Ryuda
Contributor - Level 1

If Verizon bring in the superior product like Note 2, it would be(somewhat) disastorous for other carriers. Kinda like when iPhone finally decided to go with Verizon, people waited 5+ months for it to finally release.  Some said that was going to be the downfall of ATT.  Now all carriers knows this.  So when carriers like Verizon pass on a superior product, they simply is trying to balance out with other carriers so no carriers would suffer out.  Kinda like a planned poker.
But this is only my guess, I probably am wrong.
Hopefully I am wrong.

on top of that, Verizon has better business relationship with HTC & Motorola more than they do with Samsung.

CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

Someone over at XDA has uncovered a Sprint Galaxy Note 2, maybe. If Sprint is getting it, surely Verizon will.

http://www.androidguys.com/2012/09/06/first-hints-of-a-galaxy-note-ii-for-sprint/?utm_source=feedbur...

wmichi
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm sad to say if verizon does not announce the note 2 before att releases, I will be switching carriers.

boed1
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon - I'm not thrilled with what is going on.  I switched from Sprint to Verizon since for my needs there was actually no difference and a number of my friends are on Verizon.   You've completely boned your customers on the nexus - never fixing the signal issues and dragging your feet on every android update.

Now I desperately want the Note 2 as it would be much better for people who have difficulty reading their phones without putting on their glasses.   Do you hate your customers for some reason?

I would gladly switch back to Sprint if they get the Note 2 and you don't.