Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
gilbertguy

Ok so from what I am reading from you guys is the DNA has a 1080P screen which the GSN2 does not. Are we also forgetting that the DNA is WATERPROOF!!!!! Being waterproof alone sells me the phone.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry but anyone that chooses an HTC over a Samsung is making a HUGE mistake.

There are reasons why HTC is one of the worst rated cell manufacturers inb the world.

I have owned an HTC and can tell you that Samsung is light years ahead of them, I will NEVER and I repeat NEVER buy anything made by HTC ever again.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

wow it's waterproof !! I'm sure that will make up for the terrible battery life, lousy support, lack of updates, and all the defects/flaws that htc is famous for

0 Likes
fleafly
Contributor - Level 1

JeffUSPS: I cancelled my Note 2 order. Buying the Droid DNA next week for retail $599 to keep unlimited data . $100 cheaper there Note 2. DNA is 1st full 1080p HD screen.  Samsung releasing Note 3 in spring to maych it 1080p of DNA. Why wait for spring if you can get 1080p HD now. I do not want to buy Note 3 in spring just to get 1080p. All you Note 2 buyer will be ****** in a few months when note 1080p comes out. I cannot wait for next week to pick up my 1080p HD 5 inch screen DNA phone 

Are you seriously that concerned about 1080p on a 5" screen, you're ridiculous! I think it will be you that will be pissed in a few weeks after you wasted your money on the HTC and realized how impatient you were to wait for the GN2. The GN3 WILL NOT be out by spring, I promise you that! For sure next year but not that early. that 5" screen will still look small next to the GN2. I guess small is your thing though.

0 Likes
ffx2
Contributor - Level 2

I made the same mistake Jeff is making , a couple years ago, while I was waiting for another samsung phone to come out I lost patience and bought an HTC that was allegedly cutting edge technology and one of the best phones ever made.

What a piece of garbage that HTC turned out to be. I am still regretting not waiting for the beautiful amazing sammie phone and probably would not be shopping for a new phone today if I had.

Poor Jeff is making the same mistake and I already kinda feel sorry for him.

0 Likes
MrNetwork
Contributor - Level 1

I think if I got so impatient as to abandon the GN2 for the HTC, I would have quietly slipped away to a HTC forum and not announced it here.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

ffx2 wrote:

I made the same mistake Jeff is making , a couple years ago, while I was waiting for another samsung phone to come out I lost patience and bought an HTC that was allegedly cutting edge technology and one of the best phones ever made.

What a piece of garbage that HTC turned out to be. I am still regretting not waiting for the beautiful amazing sammie phone and probably would not be shopping for a new phone today if I had.

Everyone doesn't have the same experiences, so the HTC DNA may work out for him.

In 2010, I felt the same way about Samsung that you do about HTC now.  The only Samsung phone that I bought last year was the Galaxy Nexus; I bought an HTC phone earlier in 2011.  In 2012, both OEMs have improved in the quality of their products.  There will always be defective devices from any manufacturer.  That's a chance that we all take when buying electronic devices.

0 Likes
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else notice that the Note 2 has disappeared off Verizon's homepage now that the DNA has debuted?

0 Likes
Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

hahaha good call. they even put the htc rezound on the homepage. talk about really pushing htc

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

+1 

I made the mistake of buying the Thunderbolt....complete waste of money. Good luck on the DNA, I know what type of phone it is so again, good luck.

ffx2 wrote:

0 Likes