Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
vnbehari
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ CoryMcnutt. 

corymcnutt wrote:

Vnbehari says: @Ryuda...it'speople like you that makes corporations hold us in suspence with pre-orders and tentative release dates.  We sohould be the one who keep them is suspence whether we are going to buy now or wait for the next, next big thing.  It is the suspense game and when you comit ...they think they won.  I have a Sprint Store manager ready to ship my next Note 2 ...so much for Vicious Games!

I say to Vnbehari: If you think you won by going to Sprint, more power to you - not having Verizon's LTE coverage is a loss in my book.  Yes, it is all a game, but when you play it, sometimes you have to give to come out a winner.

0 Likes
vnbehari
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sometimes one has to make a sacrifice for a greater cause.  Verizon charges it's loyal customers in the new every 2 program an upgrade fee of $30, even if they are eligible for phone upgrade and no longer under contract.  This seems like the ultimate disrespect for the people who show loyalty, don't you think.  The more people willing to walk away, will ultimately serve the greater cause.  The same concept saw the rise and fall of Apple.  Mark my words,  the reason Apple is going after Samsung ismbecause they see them as the threat to their supremacy and the start of their decline. Verizon better take heed.

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

vnbehari wrote:

Sometimes one has to make a sacrifice for a greater cause.  Verizon charges it's loyal customers in the new every 2 program an upgrade fee of $30, even if they are eligible for phone upgrade and no longer under contract.  This seems like the ultimate disrespect for the people who show loyalty, don't you think.  The more people willing to walk away, will ultimately serve the greater cause.  The same concept saw the rise and fall of Apple.  Mark my words,  the reason Apple is going after Samsung ismbecause they see them as the threat to their supremacy and the start of their decline. Verizon better take heed.

I highly doubt that a ton of people are gonna leave Verizon due to the fact that they charge you $30 for an upgrade. I would gladly pay that to have the best service. Now if Sprint did that, I would definitely be upset because their coverage sucks. But to each his own.

vnbehari
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is exactly that mentality that Verizon preys upon.  People who forego principle for what they perceive as superiority in service.  Their best service yet should be, not the network they've created (which btw is forged by the customers they serve) but is in how they treat their customers.

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Regardless of the mentality, I choose the best network, hands down.

I also forgot to mention, I used to be a Sprint and AT&T customer...ya, need I say more. You want to talk about service and network, non-existent!!!!!

0 Likes
vnbehari
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes you do. Whose payroll are u on?

0 Likes
smaruska
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure where you all live but in NJ and many states in the northeast all of the big 4 networks get great coverage.  IMHO, anyone who lives in an area where the T-Mobile/Sprint coverage is comparable and stays with Verizon is not doing their research or shopping around.  If you aren't a slave to apple and realize that the Galaxy phones are now CLEARLY superior (especially the Note II omg quad core speed demon) then T-Mobile is hands down THE best.  Unlimted Minutes/Texts/Data for the same price as the very limited plans of  VZW/ATT.  Sprint is the next best planwise but the problem is their 3G is slow and their LTE is in its infancy.  If you HAVE to have an icrap though and require unlimited data then that's the network for you though.  Unless you can wait till the T-Mobile refarm is complete in early 2013 and they finally start carrying it that is. 

Do some research people, Verizon and ATT are just... greedy pig corporations that are riding on being the "best" data networks from the late 2000s/early 2010s.  The competition is catching up, treats its customers better, is not bogged down from dwindling spectrum (T-Mobile actually has more available spectrum than anyone now with the MetroPCS merger and the re-farm) and the plans are way better.  Hmmm, unlimted everything family plan for 2 phones at $160, or teired plans with data limits for the same price or more.  This is not that hard a decision ppl.

Bast
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon always comes out on top with their me due to their customer service and I have been with them since cell phones were bigger than house phones and ALL the business people had bag phones.Yeah I know, I use to get $100 off and now I get $30 plus a $50 rebate but I buy in because of the service. Oh, also because I live in a valley and my son visited me with his Tmobil and couldn't get a connection. I will say though that I have had to ask for a different service rep or go to a different store because not all the reps are as nice and helpful as they should be. But this is personality so don't let one or two bad apples stop you from shopping Verizon.

0 Likes
vnbehari
Enthusiast - Level 2

To give credit where it is due, the rep who handled my phone malfunction the last time I went instore for service did a wonderful job.  But as I tried to order a Note 2 online I was interrupted by a computer generated prompt for assistance.  Since I participated in their new every 2 program I felt that it must be a mistake that they were asking me to pay an extra $30 for changing my phone when I was due an upgrade ...exacty the credit($30) I had earned by paying an extra fee every month for the last 3 years of service ( have been with Verizon for the last 6 yrs or more, as I recall).  For someone who spends about $150 /month, give or take I find it ridicuous that they ask me for such a fee.  Their online rep was rude enough to suggest that the $30 fee was to provide the service he was providing.  This he insinuated was how they pay for their customer service.  Some service I could do without!  Sorry guys but I guess I was here trying to get some insight on the Note 2...I guess I should have been airing on another forum but I digressed.  That Note 2.  Still a nice piece of machine, ain't it....

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

MJ21 wrote:

vnbehari wrote:

I highly doubt that a ton of people are gonna leave Verizon due to the fact that they charge you $30 for an upgrade. I would gladly pay that to have the best service. Now if Sprint did that, I would definitely be upset because their coverage *****. But to each his own.

You mean like the upgrade fee Sprint ALREADY charges?

0 Likes