Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
rcschnoor
Legend

Not ALL consumers. Most probably don't even care.

wireyourworld
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah have to say I really don't care about a logo on the home button.  Could always glue some nice flat back swarovski crystals over it, I am the crafty type.  Not that I would, but I could.   Any case will cover a logo on the back. Or its sounds like it can be easily removed.    More interested in software.

0 Likes
Tanooki2
Enthusiast - Level 3

The logo on the home button doesn't bother me.  My Galaxy S has a big ol' Verizon logo at the top above the screen that I think is way more noticable than on the home button.  Not a deal breaker.

0 Likes
envision78
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been waiting for this phone to come out for quite a while now. I have been eligible for an upgrade since late July and have been holding out for this phone. I was thinking of pre-ordering it but I am thinking there might be a black friday sale this year. Maybe not directly with this phone but with a contract renewal. What does everyone else think is it worth waiting until Black Friday to pre-oreder the phone in the off chance that there will be a deal? I usually get my phones through Amazon or Wirefly but I have yet to see Amazon carry this phone for any of the carriers, although they do have the international GSM version off contract. Wirefly does have the T-mobile note 2 who is selling it at a discount compared to the t-mobile site. But I received an E-mail from Wirefly saying that they did not know if they would be carrying the Verizon version. I am stoked to get this phone and want it on release day but still have a hard time shelling out $300 plus activation fee of $30 plus tax.

0 Likes
Ryuda
Contributor - Level 1

Well, first, I doubt there will be a sale on a price of Note 2 on Black Friday.  Black Friday is on 23rd, and Verizon Note 2 is coming out on 27th or 29th.  I am guessing Verizon's CDMA Note2 will only be available from Nov. 27th.

I have chatted with online Verizon reps and they said, it's still not on back order yet but they are going out fast and we still got a month of time until phone is released from the warehouse.  Note 2's pre-order is first come first serve basis(according to rep).  So if Note 2 gets sold out on a release date, your looking to wait another couple weeks without a pre-order but we do not know that yet with 4 more weeks ahead of us.

I suggest you contact the reps yourself and ask,, I have spoken to several reps with same questions and got different answers.. lol

0 Likes
Dave16s6
Contributor - Level 1

So I was just on the Verizon website and decided to compare the iPhone 5 and with Galaxy Note 2 for the hell of it, and I discovered something.. well, let's just call it interesting. It says that the Note 2 will NOT have NFC capability. Isn't this supposed to be another feature that the Note 2 has, and currently has in the international model? Or have I misunderstood something? I'm hoping this is a mistake on the Verizon website, any feedback out there?

To see this for yourself, just go to the phones, and compare any phone with the Note 2, and check under the "features" tab (I tried posting a link, but it says the page has expired).

0 Likes
CDMA_LTE_Iphone
Contributor - Level 1

Well Samsung calls it 'S Beam'. Pretty sure its there.

EDIT: It is there. http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=galaxynote2

0 Likes
PAULUS
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah, S Beam = NFC.  Those side-by-side comparisons seem to be more misleading than helpful.

Tidbits
Legend

CDMA_LTE_Iphone wrote:

Well Samsung calls it 'S Beam'. Pretty sure its there.

EDIT: It is there. http://shop.verizonwireless.com/?id=galaxynote2

That is correct.  What S Beam does is use the NFC to initiate a wifi direct protocol and transfer files that way(which is faster, and also supports much larger files for transfer).  Without NFC S Beam wouldn't work like intended.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I hope they did not remove the feature for this...  https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/780860

0 Likes