Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on Verizon?
daveCFPrez
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.androidauthority.com/tag/verizon-galaxy-note-2/

Verizon locks down another Samsung phones’ bootloader

Surprised? We aren’t. The confirmed details are in: Verizon has locked the Galaxy Note 2 bootloader just as it did with the release of the SGS3 on its network. Want to try out a custom ROM on your screaming fast Note 2? Sorry, Big Red subscriber. You’re definitely out of luck.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dave16s6 wrote:

But these pics were released today from Samsung. I can understand seeing pics from weeks ago on test units and what not, but from Samsung itself on the day that it plans on officially announcing the device for the US? This makes me worry a bit... let's just keep our fingers crossed. I hope you are right.

It was the same for the GS3 initial shots had the logo on them. Once it was released it had no logo and about a month later the pictures on Samsung.com was changed.

That's why I am taking the wait and see approach on it.  It doesn't bother me honestly.  Most of the devices I use are for development, and usually go into the drawer after 4-6 months.

kneman

Can someone please inform me if this phone will be a WORLD PHONE?

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Is there anyway to watch the release of the Note 2, whether it be on Directv or online?

0 Likes
Havoc1205
Enthusiast - Level 2

DaveCFprez, give it a few months and some genius will get that bootloader unlock just like they did with the gs3. you do know that you can load custom ROM to the gs3? I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just posting some facts.

Tidbits
Legend

Just hope for leaked software.  If it isn't leaked I don't think it'll be broken as quickly if broken at all.

Edmond
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im extremely disappointed with Verizon Wireless right now. It turns out that the Verizon variant of the Galaxy note 2 might have a Verizon branding on the home button. For me, it looks awful and unnecessary. I dont get why they have to remind us every time that we are on their network. Check this out:  

http://www.droid-life.com/2012/10/24/samsung-posts-verizon-galaxy-note-2-gallery-home-button-brandin...

Havoc1205
Enthusiast - Level 2

MJ21 wrote:

Is there anyway to watch the release of the Note 2, whether it be on Directv or online?

I was wondering the same thing and I bumped into this, I not sure if this is going to be a live stream or a blogger just ranting about the event while he is there.

http://www.phonebuff.com/2012/10/live-blog-samsung-galaxy-note-2-event-n-y-c/

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Havoc, gonna keep my eye on it.

0 Likes
MJ21
Enthusiast - Level 3

Personally, I am more disappointed with Verizon not getting the phone out sooner, not the emblem on the home button. But to each his own

0 Likes