Samsung Firmware Update Changelog
Stray_Mongrel

Galaxy Note 4 is now trying to push another Firmware Update today. Since the Marshmallow update has been a total nightmare and caused all sorts of problems with the system, I am VERY hesitant to just blindly click the "Upgrade" button anymore without detailed information.

Where do I find the Changelog?

0 Likes
Re: Samsung Firmware Update Changelog
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
Stray_Mongrel

At the bottom of that page, it says:

Still Have Questions?

That is where I got the link to here to ask where the Changelog is, because I couldn't find it on that page.

I understand that software updates address security concerns on a regular basis, I was looking for the Changelog, the itemized list of things and bits that have been changed that accompany all software updates.

The previous update that ruined my phone was labeled "Security Update" so based on that ambiguous description, I can just guess that it means "this new update will mess up your phone even more".

Where do I find the developer notes?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try looking on Samsung's website?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
The_Sim
Contributor - Level 1

I installed CPG2 a few nights ago. It is fine for me - an improvement.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Stray_Mongrel, I know that I too would want to know just what was updated, added, and implemented through a new software update. This may not be all you are looking for, but it should contain enough details to help address your inquiries concerning updates.

http://vz.to/1BnSt25

This is our software update page, and it includes details concerning what is new and added with the newest versions. Let us know if you have any questions.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Stray_Mongrel

Unfortunately everything funnels down to the original page that left me scratching my head, and raised more questions than answers.

I'll just pass on upgrading, I no longer trust it.

0 Likes