Replacement device concerns
darrbeck

As some of you may or may not have heard there are some proximity sensor and Wifi issues with the Note 3.  Not all devices but I suppose I got lucky and got one with both issues.  I spoke with many different tech support levels including in-store (which aren't helpful anymore) and they have decided to send me a replacement device.

So my concern:  I have been burned in the past by the replacement division and been charged full amount for a phone that was working when it left my hands.  I now have a Note 3 that has issues and also has a very fragile silver bezel around it.  I have had the phone for less than a month and it is marked up and has a ding on the edge where it fell off the coffee table.  I am trying to get some assurance from VZW that they will accept the device and they won't give me any such thing. 

My options:

a) send the device in and everything goes great.

b) keep the device and deal with manufacturer defects in the software of a high-end vzw device that I paid top dollar for.

c) send it in and get charged a replacement fee because there are physical markings of wear and tear on the device (had this less the a month let me remind everyone)

Now if I go with option C what options or recourse do I have once Fedex walks away with the box? - NONE

Here is the gray area - VZW gives a disclaimer that reasonable wear and tear is ok but based on my history with that dept. it seems more up to whomever is running the decision booth in the warranty that day. 

*Do I have the option to get a signoff before I send it in-NO

*Do I have the option to get the phone back and deal with the software issues if they decide I am to be charged-NO

*Do I have the option to use my standing as a customer for the last 12 years as footing for making an informaed desicion since I feel comfortable that the company has the customers best interest in mind - NOT EVEN CLOSE

*Do I have the option to send in pictures - Just like they do to make a case on a broken or damaged device, prior to sending my phone in - NO

I am trying to be proactive and make the most informed and throughout decision and VZW is basically saying yeah, well, roll the dice.

In-store managers tell me to speak with call center supervisors, call center supervisors tell me to roll the dice and take my chances or take it into a store which then tells me to call customer service.  Seriously?  If I handled my customers this way my company would close...!!!

Any advice Verizon?  What should I do or more importantly what should you do to fix the system?

Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: Replacement device concerns
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

do you have a concrete floor? The reason I ask is because it looks like that phone landed on pavement outside,

Not on an indoor floor..... Either way, Good luck with your replacement

0 Likes
darrbeck

Tile

0 Likes
darrbeck

VZW - based on the picture, is this something that would cause a rejection by the replacement service dept?

0 Likes
androidfreak
Contributor - Level 1

that explains. In the past when i have sent phones in for warranty they have never seemed to care about minor physical damage ( minor is probably a loose term). My opinion is if the screen is not cracked and no (what so ever) water damage you should be good

0 Likes
darrbeck

My understanding at least based on the most recent conversation with tech support was if there is no screen damage and the device isn't actually cracked it should be ok.  What makes me nervous is he qualified every response with "but again it's up to the replacement dept." 

I just need some clarification as I would rather keep the device and deal with the issues rather than skipping a car payment to pay for a device fee.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't know, but I could see them deciding that is "physical damage" and charge you for it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes