Problem with Messaging and video quality
Karnegas06
Enthusiast - Level 1

The quality of the videos I receive are horrible. I cant send videos either, at all. I am also not receiving all of my texts especially if I am part of a group text. I went to the local Verizon store this morning and was told that the video quality issue was a problem typical of android and that there was nothing they could do to help me. They suggested that I download dropbox and have everyone else I know download it as well so that we can share videos that way. Is there a realistic way around the video problem out there?? Also what the heck do I have to do to receive all my messages?? I pay too much for my phone to not do what it is supposed to do...

Tags (1)
Re: Problem with Messaging and video quality
Karnegas06
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just for extra info today we tried three different messaging apps. Messages, Messages Plus, and WhatsApp. I also disconnected my phone from iCloud and apple. They tried taking the battery out and doing a soft reset.  I am new to Android so all of this is really confusing and pretty darn frustrating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karnegas06,

We definitely don’t want you to be frustrated. Let’s get down to all of the troubles you are having with the phone.  The videos, do you know what type of device the videos are being sent from? Have you tried to have the other party adjust their video record settings to see if it makes it any better? What exactly is horrible about the quality of the videos.

When you try to send a video what happens? Have you tried to change the video settings on your phone, record a new video and try to send it? Do you have a lot of messages in your phone? Please keep us posted.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Karnegas06-

We want you to have a great messaging experience with your device. I am sorry to hear this is not happening for you. What make/model device you have? What happens when you send a video/group message? Do you see an error message? Is this happening with a person in particular or everyone you send/receive a video message from? I know you mentioned you have disconnected your phone from iCloud and Apple, is this regarding an iPhone or Android device? Please confirm this so we can continue troubleshooting this issue for a prompt resolution.

CarmenT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lets make this clear, this is not a phone issue this is a verizon messenger issue, I have Facebook messenger and the videos sent through it are HD!   With the verizon messenger you can barely see the videos they are so bad, you should fix this!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We value your feedback, 2485208540. To clarify, are you referring to Message+ (formerly Verizon Messages)? If so, is the quality from videos you are taking and sending within the app or videos you are sharing from other sources? 

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes