Re: Paying taxes and upgrade fee?
mehaffb
Enthusiast - Level 2

New Philadelphia, Ohio corporate storefront.  Your phone reps conference called with their manager and told me that a store return was now against your policy.  I am either getting the runaround from the store or there is a miscommunication between headquarters and corporate stores.

ANTDAV32
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well Verizon somebody is not being truthful. Based on your response, I went into the local store and was denied and upgrade because I had to pay full upfront taxes on a new phone.  No offsetting and paying the difference. Also, told if I wanted to return the phone and get a refund, I would have to end the line and that's it. This is contrary to the information that you are sharing and I think the world should understand how difficult Verizon is making this and promoting that our safety is number one. If safety was number one, there would not be any questions on upgrading / exchanging / returning. Why are you trying to capitalize on this, thing are bad as it is.

reazon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello,

I'd like to return and exchange my note 7 instore and pre order the pixel xl.

I'd like to confirm that there will be no upgrade fee, only taxes will be do, correct?

This is very frustrating, I should just pay the difference of taxes if I return in-store. you'll get your money back from Samsung.

Thank You

reazon
Enthusiast - Level 1

What if I go in-store and they say this cannot be done.

then what?

many times someone online or on the phone has said one thing or another can be done, but once i go into store, the workers say otherwise.

very frustrated. don't mess this up verizon. like Samsung did

idahojoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

Please review my post "Victimized Twice". I was in your Coeur d'Alene Idaho store today and was told the same thing as the previous posts. I was told that I would have to pay an "upgrade" fee and the full tax amount on my downgrade and would receive a refund sometime in the future when Verizon settles a class action suit with Samsung. I was told this by the female assistant store manager (sorry, I didn't get her name). If what you are saying is truly the Verizon policy, that I will not be charged an upgrade fee and will not have to pay tax since the S7 Edge is less costly than the Note 7, then it will restore my faith in Verizon.

I would appreciate a phone call to [Removed] or an email [Removed] verifying this.

Personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

I had a similar issue.  Due to inventory availability and no time to wait 3 hours in a store, I ended up at a Verizon kiosk instead.

For this second recall, Verizon made it "easier" by changing all Note 7 owners' upgrade date to allow them the faster exchange.  So, getting any new phone is automatically considered an upgrade and the reason the upgrade fee kicks in as well as the sales tax.  My father was able to get his taxes refunded in the store.  They charged the taxes then immediately went back and processed a credit back to his card.

When I got home I immediately contacted Verizon.  They applied the $25 credit, the "annoyance fee" back to my account but wouldn't credit the tax or upgrade.  They are sending a mailing label for me to ship the Note 7 back where, upon receipt, they will credit me the original upgrade fee and taxes.

0 Likes
RonPhone123
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here. Why does Verizon want to charge me an upgrade fee and sales tax for a defective phone they sold and is being recalled? I understand Samsung is responsible for the hardware failure. But Verizon should deduct the sales tax they collected from my Note 7. And they most certainly should not be charging me an upgrade fee.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You paid sales tax and upgrade fee on Note 7.  When returned, you get price you paid for Note 7 plus upgrade fee plus taxes. 

The replacement phone is a new transaction, with upgrade fee and tax.  You still only pay one upgrade fee and one sales tax amount. 

Verizon could do several things a lot better, such as immediate credit or no upgrade fees. But your not paying them twice. 

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope it's more than just a mailing label...check online and see what the carriers are saying about shipping these phones!

0 Likes
princeshoko
Enthusiast - Level 3

Nope nope nope.   I paid no upgrade fee to get the note 7 it was a new line.   So how will they refund my  previous upgrade fee when there was none.    Plus I best not get charged a new activation fee.

I'm just going to wait for my bill and if   the upgrade fee isnt refunded, if there is a new activation fee , and if my tax isnt been refunded to my card   then i'll be calling a contact in the executive customer service.