Opening Camera causes endless rebooting after Marshmallow update
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

NOTE 4

I am having a problem, a few actually and I am hoping someone on here can help me since Lever Tier 2 support at Verizon could not.

1st issue since June update is horrible battery life.

2nd issue when my battery gets down to about 40% (happens anytime it gets under 50%) and I open up my Camera it reboots.  And then it goes into the endless reboot, never gets to the Verizon red screen, just keeps rebooting until I plug it into a charger, then it will complete reboot and battery is in the 30% range.

What I have done so far,

updated all apps, wiped the caches and have done multiple factory resets (that was Verizon's last idea they said) They also told me that there are no known issues with marshmallow so Verizon and Samsung are not preparing any kind of update or fix.

I have done factory resets where it reloads all my apps, and I have done it without, and I am still having this issue.  It never did it before Marshmallow, I have been patiently waiting for a fix.  I haven't seen the battery get down to 20% and change color to yellow since the update, it always starts the reboot issue way before then

Help please.  I rely on the note 4 for on job site surveys and use the stylus and camera heavily. ([Removed] off because I lost all my S-notes in the first factory reset because tier 2 tech forgot to tell me to back them up)

Thank you.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Opening Camera causes endless rebooting after Marshmallow update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the steps you have taken, and I'm shocked that the issues continue, jkicska. We don't want you to consider switching. Is your device under warranty or have insurance that includes an extended warranty?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jkicska, we fully understand your need to keep the phone running throughout the day so you don’t need to carry a charger everywhere. Are you using the original charger that came with the phone? Do you see any error messages before it restarts?

StevenM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

No error messages. Yes I am using original charger.  I get a 100% charge on it just like normal.

My wife has a 5S and it does the same thing, so I am assuming it is a problem with the marshmallow update.  But Verizon won't do anything about it, or admit its a problem.  I am thinking that this is their way for older phones to upgrade to their exploding version.  I never said I would get an apple, but I am leaning that way now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The Samsung Note 4 is an awesome device, jkicska. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your Samsung Note 4 and the Marshmallow update. Have you tried restarting your device in safe mode? Here is how: http://vz.to/2dBAGPe
As for your battery life, when you look under setting and battery, what applications are using the most battery life? It normally takes about a week for the battery life to adjust after a software update. Please keep us posted.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried safe mode, factory reset all the things that your tier 2 person had me do.  there is an open ticket in your system with this problem.

I also found on Samsung's site this is a problem that many are having and you are doing nothing to fix it.  I will be going to apple or the pixel very shortly and getting off of Verizon too since you try and cover up these issues so you can force people into upgrading to the latest phones.  Someone should start a class action against you and Samsung.

Re: Note 4 battery problems - Page 6 - Samsung Community - 5807

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate all the steps you have taken, and I'm shocked that the issues continue, jkicska. We don't want you to consider switching. Is your device under warranty or have insurance that includes an extended warranty?

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a Note 4, I got it when it first came out, and it has worked beautifully until the Marshmallow update.  No it is not under warranty or insurance. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I’ve got some news that will help lead this phone back to normal behavior, jkicska. According to our Software Updates page ( https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/ ) the Note 4 has an update in store for October 14. Let us know how this works after the patch is installed.

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well this is great now I am really [Removed] that the 2nd Tier level support didn't know that an update was coming for my phone that could potentially fix the issues that I am having.  I lost 2 years of Snotes because of the factory reboot she had me do.  If I would have known that something was coming soon I would have waited.  Why is it that an organization like Verizon doesn't communicate with its own employees to help the end user out?  She even went as far as to tell me that my issue is not known and that Samsung and Verizon are NOT working on anything to fix it.

POOR POOR POOR

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

jkicska
Enthusiast - Level 2

I installed the new update that was released today.  And things are worse.

Battery got down to 56% and I went to open google and it rebooted into the endless reboot like before.

I plugged it into the charger, and it finally exited the endless reboot and the phone came back up with 51% battery and charging.

Before this update the reboot would happen anywhere between 50 and 35% battery now its above 50

this sucks

CAN I PLEASE GO BACK TO ANDROID 5 - LOLLIPOP?   it never did this before marshmallow and I need my phone to work.

will never get another Samsung.

0 Likes