Re: One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention Tjyoungman. We never like to hear that you are having trouble with your service but we are here to help. What was the additional menu option or step that was listed and available on your Wife's phone? Does it show any updates available on your device?

0 Likes
McCoyBoy

What about the Galaxy s20? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question. Here's a link that may be helpful https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-229441/. 

0 Likes
dphelps817
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have any of the members that had a resolution posted it?

cmtmcelroy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Has anyone actually had this fixed or is verizon playing games still?

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I gave up. No idea. Seems to have been forgotten

0 Likes
Anon7499

@Tjyoungman

I am having the exact same issue you described where my girlfriend cannot text me but I can text her. I can get the Google messages app to activate the RCS features but the default Samsung application will not and has issues receiving messages. Furthermore I am on Android 11 and UI 4 and this issue still persists. I have contacted Verizon for a total of 2 hours trying to resolve this and they don't seem to understand that I cannot activate advanced messaging in the default app that came with the phone. Not only that but if others are sending messages and I don't know well what's the point of a phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Anon7499, we want to make sure you are receiving all of your important text messages. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate. Can you please provide us with the Make/Model of yours and your Girlfriends devices? Are you only having trouble receiving text messages from one particular person or multiple? When did this concern start? 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unless Verizon decides to turn this on, I just don't think this will work. Have to use Verizon+.  I believe there is an FAQ that says this won't work for Verizon and another carrier. 

Just like Samsung call and message continuity. A great feature I cannot use on my S20 note ultra and Samsung wifi only TabS7+.   This would be very convenient for me also.

Would love to hear this has changed...

0 Likes
user100746

So, I just went through the process of getting this issue fixed.  Unable to send pictures through any texting app to one or more recipients.  Unable to text more than one recipient at a time.  Had to waste almost 4 hours troubleshooting the same things over and over.  Once transferred to tier 2 support, the tech realized the "Picture Messaging" service on my account was not turned on.  Now everything works as it did when I was using Sprint/T-Mobile two weeks ago.

0 Likes