Re: One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
Cloud324
Enthusiast - Level 1

Also having this issue and hoping for a resolution soon.  Contacted support to check on activating Advanced Messaging on both Note 20 Ultras on my account and was told that it is currently only supported on S9/S9+ and that an error was given when they tried to activate it on my account from their end.  It seems like a pretty big feature to completely ignore on Verizon's part.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We understand software updates are done in order to enhance the performance or add new exciting feature to your device. Sadly at this moment, Advanced Messaging is not available for the Note 20. We recommend keeping an eye on this website link for the latest software updates http://spr.ly/6604HRGxi - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's on your website

Advanced Messaging (RCS)

This update introduces Advanced Messaging (RCS) for your Galaxy Note20 Ultra.

Advanced Messaging features include:

• Send larger text messages: Create larger messages up to 8,000 characters long. With Advanced Messaging you're no longer limited to 160 characters.
  • Typing indicators: See when your contact is typing in a conversation.
  • Read receipts: See when your message has been read.
  • Large group chats: Create group chats with up to 100 participants.*
  • High-quality media sharing: Share pictures and videos in high-quality.
  • Chat over Wi-Fi: you can send messages over Wi-Fi, even when you don't have a cellular connection.
  • Transfer larger files: Send larger attachments than ever before.
  • Location sharing: Share your location as you travel.

*Group message recipients must also have Advanced Messaging enabled on a compatible device.

See our Advanced Messaging FAQs for more information

jkvjmomma11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why was the update approved for the messaging system yet for the newer phones we can't use it? When will the advanced message be available for the 20ultra plus? Using the default message system that came with the phone nothing downloaded. 

Rich1mich1nancy
Enthusiast - Level 1

How can you say it's not available for the Note 20 when the update LITERALLY says introducing Advanced messaging for the Galaxy Note 20????

Shaolinraiden
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon Support, samsung galaxy note20 ultra 5g system update 5 

VZSupport,

Maybe check your own documents before claiming that the s9 is the only supported phone for advanced messaging.  Your firmware team thinks the note 20 is supported.  

Waxyburns85
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same exact problem and it's a shame. My assumption would be that they want you to use their messaging app because all of this functionality works just fine with Verizon messages +. Big red strikes again... 😅

BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

You have GOT to be kidding me! I thought Verizon finally realized some of us using their flagship phone might want to use the Samsung messaging app and want RCS.  I saw the notes on the upgrade for RCS and said....finally!   

But really the answer is going to be you have to use Verizon message + to get this?  As the prior poster said, it is listed as an upgrade feature.

Did all the Verizon Android 11 beta testers really open the message app, see "OOOPS there is a problem"  and figured that is OK?!

I sure hope this is fixed ASAP....  this was a huge part of the upgrade.  So my other phones in group, two S20 plus phones will have same issue?

BJBBJB

Scholato
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my phone yesterday, did all updates and received the same error.

DisassemblyEdits
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, did you as a customer support rep go to the link you provided and read those notes? It clearly states in the notes on your own link you just shared 

"INTRODUCING ADVANCED MESSAGING FOR YOUR NOTE 20 ULTRA" And goes on to list the features. How about you visit your own link you provided and read the notes yourself, I'd definitely like to know what you have to say about it after doing so. You clearly posted the proof and denied it all in the same response. Seems like you guys don't know what you're doing from a technical standpoint at all. 

Seriously, after visiting the link you provided and reading the part about advanced messaging being introduced I would like to know your response then. Stop playing.