Re: One UI 3.0 Advanced Messaging not working.
Jihoonie

I just checked and it looks like VZW may have "turned on the switch" to this feature. I went into Samsung messages settings --> Chat Settings and got to a user agreement page instead of the "oops..." page. Now it seems to be active. Unfortunately i cant actually test out functionality yet since everyone i know owns an iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SLOULY86, 

Thank you for the details. We have updated the information and you should be able to activate this feature now. Have you tried? Are you still having trouble?

-JenelleW_VZW

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how upsetting it was that the promised function was still unavailable after the update, jkvjmomma11. If you check further along in this thread, you will see some users who have recently confirmed that Advanced Messaging is now working. Please let us know if the steps they took help your phone also begin using this feature.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The reason is that at this point of time, it is only supported on the Samsung Galaxy S9 series, as outlined here: https://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/ . Does this help clarify things? BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
SLOULY86
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, now I'm able to use the chat feature.  Thank you. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are getting more and more replies from customers in this thread who had the issue, Waxyburns85. Many are stating that Advanced Messaging now works as promised. Please let us know if you are still having this issue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scholato, we are concerned to hear you are having trouble with your new device. We are happy to assist in any way possible. To clarify, what type of phone do you have? Have you attempted any troubleshooting steps such as restarting your device?

-Joshua 

0 Likes
BJBBJB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Does anyone know if there are two phones on Verizon.....say a Note 20 Ultra and an S20+.  Both on Verizon.

If the Note 20 Ultra uses the Samsung messages OEM app we have been discussing here, and the S20+ user uses Verizon Messages+ can they text each other and take advantage of advanced messaging?

A few Verizon users I know use Verizon+ although most use the Samsung OEM messages app.

Thanks,

BJBBJB

0 Likes
GoHurdler
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've read the message from the VZW rep stating that Advanced  Messaging is active but the authorization prompt no longer comes up for me to authorize Advanced Messaging in the Samsung Messaging app on my Note 20 Ultra. Thus I do not know if Advanced Messaging is active on my Note 20 Ultra.

Is anyone else still getting the authorization prompt or is the feature active? I tried going into the chat setting but saw nothing in their stating Advanced Messaging.

When I called Verizon Wireless technical support, the rep admitted to not having heard about Advanced Messaging.  Then he claimed that he added some feature or something to make it active then he started to act like he was an expert on Advanced Messaging claiming that I was on the wrong plan. 

I told him when I called in he knew nothing about Advanced Messaging and now he's an expert and wants to mess with my account.  I escalated the call and he refused to get a supervisor. I told him again I wanted a supervisor because he didn't  know what he was talking about and because he was ignoring everything I was stating including what I have read on this message board. He also tried blameing Samsung for the issue.

Instead of transferring to a supervisor, he transferred me back into the phone queue.  I'm wondering if employees working from home are even having their calls recorded. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tc0n, we want to make sure you are able to use the messaging app of you choice. To clarify, what issues are you having with the app? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes