OK Google gone?
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

before lollipop I ditched Hi Galaxy for OK Google because Hi Galaxy was unreliable....and OK Google worked all the time very well.

Now in Lollipop I sometimes get a notification that text to speech has an issue. But if I hit the notification it goes away and nothing happens. If I hold down the notification it takes me to battery doctor...wonder why? as there are no settings there for voice.

If I tap a microphone symbol for search, voice input and output seems to work just fine.

But if I say OK Google it used tom open a voice input app...but now in Lollipop, nothing happens.

I have voice activation set to "on".

Am I missing something else?

0 Likes
Re: OK Google gone?
Doug_S1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to get Google app to understand my voice...but now it will not even learn....says to say OK Google 3 times, I do, then nothing happens.

So I turned on s-voice again....it works like Google voice; will accept search inputs, turns on OK by dbl click home button, but does not respond to Hi Galaxy at any time.

Text to Voice notification traced to batt doctor app and I wrote to app dev for explanation....included notification listings.

So Lolipop has several issues for many people...new bugs to be fixed.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Doug S.,

That is a feature is one that a lot of people like. I've used it myself on my Android tablet. What make/model phone are you referring to? We'll definitely work together towards a resolution.

ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
catfacepanda

That "battery doctor" app sounds like the problem. I would uninstall it, and then try OK Google again. Those apps hardly ever work anyway, and most of them cause more problems than what they claim to do to help battery life.

Also, you may need to re-train Google to your voice. You can do this by accessing your Apps > Google Settings > Search & Now > Voice. Select OK Google Detection to start the setup.

0 Likes
curlieq20

I am having the same problem whereas "OK Google" was responsive when the screen was both locked and active, now it is only responsive when the phone is unlocked.  The settings have not changed.  And there is no damage done to the phone.  I have a Motorola Droid Maxx.  Any ideas on what to do to restore OK Google?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

curtieq20,

This feature is such a great idea. Looks like there is a glitch somewhere. Let's figure this out. Do you have any battery saver apps on your device? Have you tried resetting the app http://vz.to/1Nv49WG in the Settings? Does Moto Speak work or voice text?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes