Notification alert issue
sportgoofy

I'm getting the notification alert for lots of things. I only want the notification alert to sound for incoming text messages.  What do I need to do?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notification alert issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sportgoofy,

We appreciate you reaching out to us on the community member forums. I know how important it is to have your device tailored to fit your needs. Great news! This phone does have options for customizing your alerts. You'll need to start off in Settings > Sound and Notification. From there, you can go to Other Sounds. This will let you change the alert functions for Samsung's basic apps: Call, Messages, Email, and Calendar. You'll just want to change any alert you don't want to slent.

If you have installed apps that are also notifying you, you'll want to go to Application Notifications under your Sounds and Notification menu. You can then manually adjust the alerts you get however you see fit. I hope this information helps!

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Notification alert issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sportgoofy,

We appreciate you reaching out to us on the community member forums. I know how important it is to have your device tailored to fit your needs. Great news! This phone does have options for customizing your alerts. You'll need to start off in Settings > Sound and Notification. From there, you can go to Other Sounds. This will let you change the alert functions for Samsung's basic apps: Call, Messages, Email, and Calendar. You'll just want to change any alert you don't want to slent.

If you have installed apps that are also notifying you, you'll want to go to Application Notifications under your Sounds and Notification menu. You can then manually adjust the alerts you get however you see fit. I hope this information helps!

EricW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes