Note9 update to Android 10
Dawghowse
Enthusiast - Level 3

I talked with Samsung and they said the update for the Note9 to Android 10 is out and it's up to Verizon to release it. So who is telling the truth? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note9 update to Android 10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung will usually release the update for unlocked models first while they are working with the various carriers to get the carrier specific code from the carriers so Samsung can incorporate it into the base code. Then the carriers have test the updated code to verify it doesn't effect the phones or the network. If it passes all the tests, Samsung uploads the update to the servers and coordinates with the carrier on when the update is released. 

When the update is released, it will be posted on the link below. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung will usually release the update for unlocked models first while they are working with the various carriers to get the carrier specific code from the carriers so Samsung can incorporate it into the base code. Then the carriers have test the updated code to verify it doesn't effect the phones or the network. If it passes all the tests, Samsung uploads the update to the servers and coordinates with the carrier on when the update is released. 

When the update is released, it will be posted on the link below. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note9-update/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Fluxx
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's been released by Samsung. Verizon trying to push sales on newer phones, stalling the update. What a backfire. 

0 Likes