Note edge / device and os update delays
tazzdevil

Why is it verizon has not yet released the Note edge and all the other major companies have,  making it Not possible to upgrade for the holidays? It makes it seem as though verizon has no faith in their tech support to handle issues regarding new devices or os updates ( aside from putting in bloatware) being they usually have one of the longest delays on releases.  This phone was basically released over a month ago everywhere else and now their are talks about skipping android 5.0 to 5.0.1 which week probably take another lengthy delay after the phone is finally released. Is there going to bea release date anytime soon?

0 Likes
Re: Note edge / device and os update delays
Spoiler1041
Enthusiast - Level 2

My dad works for Verizon and says it had a release date of February 29th.

0 Likes
Not applicable

5.01 was released because 5.0 was glitchy. Ask those people that got 5.0 how wonderful their new upgrade was. No one is stopping you form upgrading. You just can't get the $950 phone with the gimmicky screen.

Tidbits
Legend

5.0.2 is rolling out as we speak.

Not applicable

More glitches apparently.

0 Likes
BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

mrhelper...do you find it necessary to pop in with a smart remark on every Note Edge thread??  It's really old.  We get it, you don't like the phone.  Then why not stay the heck off the threads entitled Note Edge??  Sweet Jesus.  Give it a rest dude.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

You know every time I see threads like this or about updates makes me wonder what would happen if we as a people put this kind of an effort on real issues instead of luxuries. We might be able to get problems solved that really needs solving.

Not applicable

BigLefty if you don't like my post you are free not to read them. As tired as you are of my posts I'm tired of posts constantly asking about updates and when a certain phone will be available since it common knowledge no Verizon rep has that info nor would they hand it out if they did. Also tired of seeing threats of leaving if people don't get their way. If one is going to leave then do it. If I felt wronged by Verizon I wouldn't hesitate to leave, but I sure wouldn't be posting about it here I'd just do it and move on.

BigLefty24
Enthusiast - Level 3

and yet, you keep searching the Verizon threads, clicking on those same threads that annoy you, and making smarty comments.  Kudos.  Keep fighting the fight big guy.

0 Likes
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, a question I have.  There are a couple of full-price versions of the Edge for sale in various places (e.g. Amazon, Newegg, elsewhere).  Does anyone happen to know whether any of them/all of them have the same network compatibility, and would work with Verizon's network?

0 Likes