Re: Note edge / device and os update delays
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ah, I wasn't aware that he personally didn't like the phone.  I'll consider his opinions on related topics in that light, going forward.

0 Likes
Not applicable

JVWilliams wrote:

Ah, I wasn't aware that he personally didn't like the phone.  I'll consider his opinions on related topics in that light, going forward.

Personally I don't care what phone you buy. You can either wait for the phone or go elsewhere that's the point

JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually, I agree with Big Lefty - people who don't care, generally don't take the time to reply to every thread.  But hey, whatever rows your boat.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It makes you wonder what the post would look like if the glitchy phone/software was available to users. How many "I hate Verizon for letting us have this crappy device" posts would we see?

I am with you, mrhelper

Not applicable

You don't need to wonder. I clearly remember all the complaints about not having kit kat "When are we getting kit kat? Verizon hates us! My phone is garbage without kit kat! I'm leaving! wah wah wah!" Then kit kat comes out SAME people say "Kit kat screwed up my phone! How can I go back to Jelly Bean, Kit Kat is terrible. How can Verizon do this to us? My phone is junk now!"

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Don't get me wrong. I want Lollipop. I do feel like VZW does wait ENTIRELY too long to release updates but I'd rather it take long and work when it gets to me than the alternative. Like you said, if getting these devices and all the updates faster is the priority then switching to the carrier that gives it is the best option. Me? I would rather a stable device on a stable network. At least I know that my money is getting me the value I seek.

0 Likes
JVWilliams
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hmm...well, Android LolliPop may be glitchy.  By all accounts, the Edge is not - it's one of the best available at the moment.  People who don't like the phone, after having used it, actually seem to be in a tiny minority--at least according to available reviews on Amazon, Best Buy, the various major carriers who have it (everyone but Verizon), etc.

Granted, there may be bias there - the Note 4 has sold far more units.  But I've seen enough bitter complaints from people who spent a premium on a device, and been disappointed by glitches, to believe we'd hear about it.

0 Likes