Note 9 Losing Paired Bluetooth Devices
bwhite212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just recently starting having an issue where my Note 9 loses all paired bluetooth devices when the phone is restarted. Is this due to an update, or possibly an app or setting? I don't restart all that often, but when I do it sucks to repair a dozen devices every time.

Re: Note 9 Losing Paired Bluetooth Devices
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be to repair a dozen or more of your devices when this happens, sorry to hear about the issue. We would be more than happy to help out. Did this issue occur after a recent software update? Does your device lose a paired connection with your Wi-Fi service when you restart or is it just with your Bluetooth connections? The first step I would try is to reset the network settings in your Note 9 and then retest. You can use this link as a how to guide on resetting these settings.  https://vz.to/2xjVfJ6.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
KELRIS47
Enthusiast - Level 1

This happens with my Note 9, too.  And as a bonus, it also loses my bluetooth devices after putting the phone into Airplane mode.

Handyman325
Enthusiast - Level 1

My Note 9 is having the same issue.   It started after the most recent software update.

Rhbsvcmo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. All parties decided to get removed. This is after the most recent update and restart. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rhbsvcmo, being able to maintain a Bluetooth connection is vital and don't want you to have to reconnect every time your connection drops. Are you currently still having issues with all Bluetooth connections that are made? 

At this time, we don't see any internal reports that would suggest this is a known issue. So we can focus on a resolution, please use the link attached for how to Reset network settings on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9. Please keep us posted on any changes, there are other ways to correct this going forward. http://spr.ly/6604EZldi

AlanS_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
penogg
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem is widely known if you just search on the internet you'll find it on the XDA forum for instance.

Ever since I received the Android Pie update on my Note 9, everytime the phone reboots it loses all Bluetooth devices.

I have two of these phones ,exact same issue ...very frustrating!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a consumer myself, I can understand the frustration when my device is not working properly, penogg. We want to continue to dig into this and find a resolution. Have you been able to reset your network settings and test the connection again after a reboot?  

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
penogg
Enthusiast - Level 1

been there, done that, twice on both phones...

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you giving that a try, penogg. We're very sorry that this issue is continuing to occur. I took a look at Samsung's forums, as well as our own internal forums, and also the XDA forums. Everything that I'm seeing is that people did have to re-pair all of their devices after updating to Pie, but only once. We're not seeing any ongoing issues where people have to re-pair devices after every reboot of the phone. My recommendation would be to back the phone up and then complete a factory data reset to clear any possible software glitch that's going on. You can reset this with the steps here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218936/ If you need to know where you can download their software tool to create a backup, you can do that here: http://bit.ly/2XMCPfG Does this information help? EricW_VZW

0 Likes