Note 8
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have a Note 8 and when I connect to my car's Bluetooth calls only display phone numbers and not names. This happens in both of my cars 2013 Acura & 2012 Audi.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you pay for the caller ID? I know Verizon offered me that option but I had to pay for it.

Forget how much it was supposed to be but didn't want to pay for anymore then I have to.

If the persons name is in your contacts I think those will show up

0 Likes
alt1052
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I have to pay to have my contacts names show up when they call me?

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Like I said I think the names in your contacts may show up but I am sure that you have to pay for caller ID. If I am wrong I am sure someone will come on here and tell me how wrong I am.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It might be the Bluetooth configuration between the vehicles and your phone. I know my car doesn't display the names of my contacts and it can't read my contact list either.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having your contacts transfer to your vehicle is important, alt1052. When pairing the device with your vehicle, you have to allow the permissions of the contacts when pairing to a car. You can try deleting the connection and pairing again. The Note8 is a brand new device and with the older radios, they may need to have their firmware updated. I attempted to check on the manufacturer's website but was unable to find any information about compatibility or what features will work. We recommend contacting your auto manufacturer for assistance if reconnecting does not help.

AdamB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes