Note 8 is not receiving all text messages
noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

For about a month (roughly starting October 4th), my phone has not been receiving some text messages. I can send messages fine, send and receive calls fine, but some messages never get delivered to my phone. I would say 1 in 10 are missing. When I log onto the MyVerizon site that lets you use Verizon Messages in the web browser, I can see all the missing text messages, but they never arrived to my phone! When looking at a friend's phone, the message says "Delivered" or "Sent". I have not recently switched from an iPhone or anything. The issue occurs in both Samsung Messages, Google Messenger, and Verizon Messages+ (even though I do not use this). This is a bad problem to have, as I have missed events, responsibilities, and general communication with loved ones, and had no idea.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 is not receiving all text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend heavily on my text messaging feature, noahthomas03, so I understand how crucial it is that it work properly. We’ll help in every way we can here. Thank you for all the steps you already took to help narrow things down. Let’s keep gathering information on this. When you’ve confirmed a missed message that was reported “delivered” on the sender’s end, what was happening on your phone at that same time? For example, were you placing a call while a text was being delivered? Are the missed messages from Verizon Wireless customers, or other carriers? Are they always from the same person or persons? When you log on the computer, and see all the missed messages, are you also seeing all the delivered messages?

GeorgeS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I miss a text message, it happens completely randomly. I could be doing nothing on my phone at the time when I miss a text. From what I can tell, what I am doing or not doing on my phone at the time of the missed text has no effect on the issue. The missing texts come from people of all carriers, it is not specific to one carrier. Likewise, I have seen missing texts from a variety of people, not specific people. When I log into Verizon Messages on the website, I see all text messages (delivered, missed, etc.) I have already cleared my cache, reset network settings, etc.; the issue is still happening.

thewagdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

My wife and I are having this issue as well. This is a very big problem that needs to be resolved. I have missed a text from my boss this morning and that was a very bad situation. Please fix this verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely heavily on text to communicate throughout the day as well, thewagdy. Let's dig into this further. Which messaging application are you using (Messages + or a different message application)? If using Messages+, are you able to see all your texts (missed and received) in your online account?

LynnD_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thewagdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been using google messenger and samsung messages. The same with my wife. The messages did not show up in either app. I do not use Verizon messges+

noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I hate the Verizon Messages+ app, but I switched over to it for a couple days, and suddenly no more missed texts. The thing is, you HAVE to set it as your default SMS application. So that tells me that all texts come first to the Messages+ app. and then somehow get forwarded on to whatever application is set as the default? This makes no sense. But regardless, I shouldn't be expected to use Verizon's application just to receive texts. I never had this problem on any of my previous Android phones.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

noahthomas03-

I totally understand what you're saying and want to do everything I can to help make sure you receive your messages in the desired text platform of your choosing. You mentioned a few options in your first post. Which text platform is your preferred app? To confirm, you receive every message when you have VZW Messages+ set as your default and then it displays in the other preferred text apps? But, the only way you see every message is to have the Messages+ set to default?

AmberK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the “Correct Answer” button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thewagdy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to use google messenger.

0 Likes
noahthomas03
Enthusiast - Level 2

I prefer to use Google Messenger. To confirm, the only way I can receive all my messages without missing any is to have Verizon Messages+ set as my default SMS application. All the texts that come to the Messages+ application also cross over to other text platforms without issue. The problem begins when a different application is set as the default.