Note 8 call volume low
Kidokirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I'm on a call, the sound is very quiet even though the volume is all the way up and with the extra volume on.  I have to use speaker phone to hear the other person talk.  How do I fix this?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 8 call volume low
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Well it depends. I would try a reboot as suggested above first. The next step is probably a factory reset, so you'll want to back up all of your information and have your login in for for Google to get it back.

Do you have a case on it? I know some of those can affect the volume if it covers the display.

If all else fails, call Verizon. It may be defective or damaged.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-boot

bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Well it depends. I would try a reboot as suggested above first. The next step is probably a factory reset, so you'll want to back up all of your information and have your login in for for Google to get it back.

Do you have a case on it? I know some of those can affect the volume if it covers the display.

If all else fails, call Verizon. It may be defective or damaged.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

depends on what, why do a factory re-set??

0 Likes
Kidokirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Re-boot didn't work. And I do have a case but it's not covering the speaker.  I'm dreading the factory reset haha but I'll try it today and let you know how it goes.  Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

On what is causing it. Case, application, software, hardware. There really is no way to know without taking steps to determine the problem. A factory reset would remove everything and reset the software. If it still doesn't work right, then it's a hardware issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KidoKirk, we understand the importance of making sure you are able to hear your friends and family while on a call. Please allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details. Can you please let us know when this concern started and if your device software is up to date? Also, is there any physical damage to your device? bbrdtylr and bearone21 provided a great suggestion with rebooting your device and we are sorry to hear that this didn’t resolve your concern.

We understand that you were hesitant with processing a factory data reset. This process will allow us to further test and understand what might be causing the problem. Please let us know if you were able to complete this step. If you have not we actually would recommend that you restart your device in safe mode first http://vz.to/2rnzsQg as this will place your device in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so we are able to determine if a third party app may be causing the concern. Please keep us updated on the progress.

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
diagoro
Contributor - Level 1

I have the same experience (before and after using a case). Media volume is great, phone calls not so much.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for taking time to reach out about these concerns as I know the importance of having a reliable connection. To confirm is yours also working well with speakerphone or headphones? Did this start after installing a new app or update?

0 Likes
Kidokirk
Enthusiast - Level 2

I factory reset the phone and that didn't help.  Verizon ended up sending a new phone.  Works great now!