Note 8 Issue with texting
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

I've had my note 8 for about a month now and I'm still having a texting issue. When I text my husband a picture or a gif and he replies it opens a new text thread. His response isn't in the thread we've had going on. But if I delete the new thread that opens it deletes every single picture in the previous thread. Very frustrating.

I have been to the store about this and so far things tried are

- restarting the phone

- deleting his contact from phone only

- deleting his contact from cloud and then putting it back in

- wiping the cache partition

He has the motorola turbo 2. We are on the same account. This is the ONLY person I have any issue with.

Also, using the verizon message+ app that came on the phone.

0 Likes
Re: Note 8 Issue with texting
bearone21
Legend

sounds like he isn't replying to you message but replying with a new message.

0 Likes
Kyla1234
Contributor - Level 1

He just hits reply as usual. I've actually taken both phones and sent a pic, I will just reply in our message thread and on my note 8 it still opens a new thread

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kyla1234,

It is odd to hear this is occurring with your Note 8 & just with your husband's number. I know you mentioned doing quite a bit of troubleshooting already & we appreciate that. You said you have been using the Message+ app. Have you tried using another messaging app? Does the same thing occur in that app?

ChristineJ_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes