Note 8 Hotspot performance
JAMES93
Enthusiast - Level 1

I use Verizon as my internet provider through my cell phones. I have a MiFI, a Droid Turbo 2 and a Galaxy Note 8.

The MiFI and Droid Turbo 2 can stream video at 720p with no problems at all when using them as a hotspot. 

The Note 8 can never hold a steady stream except at most 480p. I have tried everything I can find on the internet about this. Resetting phone, changing netwok settings, emptying caches...

The phone is running Android 9. Model SM-N950U

Hardware version Rev1.0

Any ideas? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Note 8 Hotspot performance
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

James93, I am sorry to hear about the problems you are having with trying to do a faster video stream beyond 480p on your Note 8. I appreciate the steps you have tried thus far and let me help you. What plan are you on? Are all your devices on same plan? What is the city and cross-streets where you are located? Please share some more details so we can find a solution.

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
JAMES93
Enthusiast - Level 1

All phones are on Above Unlimited. Location is Warwick Maryland, no cross streets, 300 acre farm. Good signal, all other devices work and can maintain video. -101 dBm signal.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, JAMES93. Hearing that your other devices work properly with our service, points to the issue being with the Note 8 itself. 

Typically, our model phones made for our network that are the Note 8 would have the model number SMN950UZKV. You stated your phone just shows SM-N950U as the model number, correct?

Did you purchase the Note 8 from us or is it an unlocked phone from Samsung? Any phones not manufactured specifically for us can have a different experience with our network and services.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes