Note 7 update
CYBERTIGER_22P
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke to a rep this morning 9/10 to discuss the recall of the phone and what options are available.

I was told to return the phone to a vzw retail store and they will exchange it for another phone. Didn't say what phone but assuming I paid $900 for the note, I would hope it would be any phone.

The rep also said there will be a $25 credit towards purchase of accessories for the new phone.

Of course I asked if I would ve able to get a new note 7 when they are available. "Verizon will not be selling the Note 7 in the future" was the response.

Is this information concrete?

Re: Note 7 update
CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I do not believe so. The sales associate that I talked to said they were waiting for the new shipment. She also said that it would be about 2 weeks. I just talked to some one from Best Buy Mobile  and he said that the problem was the adapter not the phone. So just use a different charger until the new ones come in. Also you can sign up at the Best Buy website to be notified when the new ones arrive.

lobro1023
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is what the agent I just chatted with on line told me: 

Chat Transcript removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Jladner
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to my local Verizon store this morning and asked if they had any information on the note 7 recall.  The associate told me that I could exchange my phone for a galaxy s7 or s7 edge within 30 days of buying my note 7 with no restocking fee.  I asked if I could then exchange that s7 or s7 edge to get the Note 7 when the new ones come in, and she said no.

LINVAN4
Enthusiast - Level 1

After about 20 minutes on hold,I talked to a Verizon rep  at this number...1-800-922-0204. According to her Verizon will be sending out emails to people who bought note7 when they are avalible. Also Samsung is covering all replacement costs so people who bought note7 before recall will not have to pay anything. If you are concerned about using your note7 you can get a different phone free of charge untill the replacement is available.  That is what I was told. Call the number and verify what I was told..1-800-922-0204

Shommel
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to exchange my note 7, told samesman phone gets hot and burns, he said i dont have to exchange its normal to get hot, asked where it burnt me, he said if I feel I have to exchange it wait til next wk do when the note 7 is back on shelves.

NOT7
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's very nice for them to allow us to switch to an S7 or S7 Edge but what if I did an "Edge Up" paying $350 to get out of my S7 Edge and into a Note 7. What about the $100 in cases and accessories purchased?

This isnt simply an inconvenience, this is a loss of nearly $500 for me and not a number Im going to walk away quietly from. Numerous calls to 800-922-0204 and not 1 call answered today (9/10).

Samsung created this mess but as a reseller Verizon needs to get it together and from what Im reading on the forums, all employees need to be on the same page.

Dont let this back-fire on you too Verizon!!

bbrown450
Enthusiast - Level 2

In case anyone is interested in my Verizon retail experience today see "who is driving this bus". I will not repeat it other than to say what the stores do not know about the recall..they seem to be making it up.What I see happening here is Samsung not stepping up with a customer based solution for the situation now!! We have a phone that we are being told to shut down, cannot use on an airplane...( I travel a lot for a living"), that has at least 35 instances of combustion , also no one thought to track what batteries they got so no one knows for sure who has the "bomb" and they are not offering any solution for us to move over to until the phone that we paid for  is available in a form that will not ignite.

Very very dissapointed in both of the companies that are supposedly "taking care of their customers", this was not our faults ...try asking what we prefer for a change !!

Doing_work_son
Contributor - Level 1

Definitely check the back of your phone. At the very bottom you will see a "Made in....." if that says Korea or Vietnam, your phone could have the faulty battery provided by Samsung SDI. If it says China, you should be OK, as those batteries were supposedly packaged by ATL, the batteries that are safe. Most should have made in Korea or Vietnam as around 70% were from Samsung SDI.

Tidbits
Legend

Doing_work_son wrote:

Definitely check the back of your phone. At the very bottom you will see a "Made in....." if that says Korea or Vietnam, your phone could have the faulty battery provided by Samsung SDI. If it says China, you should be OK, as those batteries were supposedly packaged by ATL, the batteries that are safe. Most should have made in Korea or Vietnam as around 70% were from Samsung SDI.

Nope...  70% of batteries REGARDLESS of manufacturer plats are from SDI which is why they are doing a global recall.  If it was only the ones from Korea, and Vietnam there would be no reason to recall globally.

0 Likes