Re: Note 7 Replacement Trade in for Note 8
jaapplen
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, but your comment doesn't make much sense.  Are you on the outside looking in and not really aware of the situation?  Nobody used a "Note 7 upgrade".  I am not even sure what that means.  The Note 7 came out in late August and we had to send it back within weeks of having it.  At that point, people have already wiped their old phone and returned it.  For me, I was using my Galaxy S6 Edge upgrade to get the Note 7.  By the time Samsung gave up on the Note 7, after the 2nd recall, my old S6 Edge had been gone for almost 50 days.  So I had to either trust Samsung and stay loyal with them, or try something like the Pixel.  There was no option to just return the Note 7, because my old phone was long gone.
I can't speak for others, but my first Note 7 was purchased within the annual program time frame, but by the time the dust settled and took a different Samsung, the annual early upgrade was no longer being offered.

PINKWIENERDOG
Enthusiast - Level 1

And why doesn't verizon offer the freebies that other companies are offering? I wanted my note 7. Settled for this dumb LG stylo 2 not liking it one but bit was holding out for the note 8. Now since I want to upgrade my phone is worth $11 trade in... Thanks for the discount samsung!

IANPYN68
Enthusiast - Level 2

It doesn't matter how you slice it we the customers are the ones paying for their mistakes. I had the same conversation with Verizon that I think all of had. My original idea was after a year with the note 7 if the note 8 was enticing enough I would upgrade. I thought all these plans were upgradable after 12 month I was told not the one I'm on,how convenient . I got forced out of the note 7 when they started threatening to shut them down. Now I have to come up with $990( I have 2) to get rid of a phone never wanted. I can afford $14 more a month but a $1000 at once is stretching it, Verizon and Samsung don't seem to realized a most of us are not rich. The first thing Samsung did at the un-boxing was to thank their loyal customers, I guess that's all we're going to get. Someone need to make this right, most of us are not looking for a hand out. we just need to be treated fairly. Make this right verizon samsung

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

IANPYN68 wrote:

It doesn't matter how you slice it we the customers are the ones paying for their mistakes. I had the same conversation with Verizon that I think all of had. My original idea was after a year with the note 7 if the note 8 was enticing enough I would upgrade. I thought all these plans were upgradable after 12 month I was told not the one I'm on,how convenient . I got forced out of the note 7 when they started threatening to shut them down. Now I have to come up with $990( I have 2) to get rid of a phone never wanted. I can afford $14 more a month but a $1000 at once is stretching it, Verizon and Samsung don't seem to realized a most of us are not rich. The first thing Samsung did at the un-boxing was to thank their loyal customers, I guess that's all we're going to get. Someone need to make this right, most of us are not looking for a hand out. we just need to be treated fairly. Make this right verizon samsung

Only iPhone has a yearly upgrade program. Sometimes the Samsung devices do but not all the time. The chance is that you would have had to pay the Note 7 out before upgrading to the Note 8 anyway.

If you feel like you're owed something it is by Samsung and NOT Verizon. Verizon didn't make a faulty device. That was Samsung. Contact them.

0 Likes
JOSMON99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you guys know the Sprint Preorders are shipping? My friend's Note 8 just went out today and has a fully tracking number?

Luckily I have a Pixel XL that I am trading in. To the OP I agree, being in business myself that is not how you treat your customers.

ROGNEL80
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told after I turned in my phone the second time that Verizon would take care of us when the new phones come out they would upgrade us does not look like it right now

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

ROGNEL80 wrote:

I was told after I turned in my phone the second time that Verizon would take care of us when the new phones come out they would upgrade us does not look like it right now

It isn't Verizon's responsibility to take care of you for a Samsung mistake. You should contact Samsung directly and see what THEY are willing to do to help this situation.

0 Likes
ROGNEL80
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon I told me when I turn my phone in the second time they would honor my original contract that I could upgrade in one year they had no more one-year contracts when I had to upgrade my phone after turning in my Note 7

PAD10029
Enthusiast - Level 2

absolutely!!!!

0 Likes
PAD10029
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought it was just me. This is [Removed] and i'm so disappointed. I've been a Verizon customer for 4-5 years now... I pay about $200 a month for my plan. I had a note 3 for a couple years and was excited to go to the note 7. It was yanked out of my hand twice... I went through 3 phones (2 note 7's and a lg) before ending on the S7 edge. I didn't want that phone, and I'm not really a huge fan of it... let's just say that it's not a note. I can't believe that Verizon will not just take this S7 edge from me and allow me to go to the note 8 WITH a discount. The amount I owe on this S7 edge is about 2 months of my regular payment... yet they would risk making many of their customers seriously unhappy with this unfair policy. I truly feel that Verizon nor Samsung deserve my business moving forward and i'm working towards that end.

Hey, T-Mobile will buy out your contract to win your business... as far as I see it, they are willing to treat me better that the company I've been doing business with for years and years.

Really upset and disappointed with Verizon.

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator