Re: Note 7 Refund - Getting the runaround
WOODYKC40
Enthusiast - Level 2

After months of calls and emails, I have received my credit for the purchase of that Note 7 back in Sept...Best way to resovle it is to keep notes of each call, if you can record the calls. Ask for there names and ID numbers... It suck you have to do this to get a refund on something they know you have purchased...

CRAN4242
Enthusiast - Level 2

Woodykc40, I sure wish I could get mine. This is really getting old.

TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

It took me four months to get my refund.  Each customer service representative I spoke with at Verizon told me the same thing, "you've already been refunded".  Um, no I haven't, if I have, please show me proof in the form of a receipt or a transaction number associated with the refund to my credit card on which I paid the full amount.  I finally got somewhere by e-mailing corporate (their e-mail addresses can be found somewhere on the verizon site, look at "about us" or something along those lines).  It still took about three weeks after that to get my money back.  It turns out that the store I returned the phone back to didn't accept the return properly.  If I hadn't kept my return receipt (again, four months after the fact), I would be without $900+ right now and Verizon would be that much richer.  They wound up giving me a $250 bill credit for my trouble.  It took about 15 calls, 10 emails, and about 12 hours of my time to get to the bottom of it.

CRAN4242
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am coming up on 7 months now and I am really getting [removed] off. What is so bad is not one rep has offered me anything like you guys for my trouble. Last few times I've called I have told them I am the point of just getting attorney to handle this and I guess they take it as a joke. I have tried every last option I know to take.

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Glad you finally got it

0 Likes
LISHRODRIGUEZ
Enthusiast - Level 3

I had to contact the Attorney General's office in order to get my refund. You may want to try that avenue if it isn't resolved. Unfortunately this has been a horrible mess for most people involved.

MATJON70
Enthusiast - Level 1

@

I couldn't be more infuriated.  I am at the point where I am willing to take any steps necessary to get my refund.  After my phone was hot-lined back in February, I returned it directly to the store I purchased it from (100% paid at full retail).  I was a taken back a bit when they told me it would be 4-5 weeks until the refund was processed back to the card I purchased it on, but the phone was rendered useless, so I had to proceed with the return. 

Today, 20 weeks later and several inquiries with Verizion and I still have not been refunded, or been provided the credit for staying with Samsung.  The third last rep that I chatted with had ended the chat assuring me that I will see the funds on my card within 7-10 business days.  Yesterday was the 10th business day and now the 11th with no refund.  

As a salesforce administrator by day, I can assure you that this is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Never have I returned something to a store and not walked out refunded. Apparently with Verizion, it's perfectly normal business practice to steal from their customers.  Yes, steal.  Where we stand right now Verizion has essentially stolen from me.  In no way is it right for me to have to contact reps countless times to have to beg for my money back. 

Throughout the entire Note 7 fiasco, I have been spammed from Verizion regarding the return of the "dangerous" phone, lied to by many reps, had well over a dozen inquiries in to the company, the phone rendered useless by crippling software updates, then finally they have stolen the phone from me. 

Once the refund is processed, you can be assured that I will be leaving the carrier, and I will make my voice heard through multiple channels regarding this mistreatment.  I might consider staying with the carrier if and only if they can offer me substantial compensation for the time and effort I have put into this ordeal, even then it would have to be quite substantial. 

One last thing I need to mention - Verizion has no problem processing my monthly auto-payments, yet cannot process a refund of nearly $1000, something that would be quite helpful in paying the monthly bills. Kinda ironic, don't ya think? 

verizonwireless-admin