Note 7 Refund - Getting the runaround
TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I sent my Note 7 back to Fort Worth TX using the supplied fire-proof box in December.  It is now February and I have not received a refund for $828.  I call customer service and they lie to me.  One of the reps told me the refund has already been issued.  This was over a month ago.  Several times I've called, they give me the run-around and keep me on hold and transfer me to other departments and nobody knows what's going on.  This is fraudulent.  I need to be contacted by someone from Verizon who can get to the bottom of this situation.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Note 7 Refund - Getting the runaround
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TSJO9

I would be upset as well if I had to wait so long for a refund. I am terribly sorry that this has been your experience with our service. I would like to help.

I will send you a Private Message for further account review.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Did you use the tracking number to make sure they received the phone and when they received it ? 

0 Likes
TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has confirmed the phone was received back to the warehouse on 12/30/2016. That is why it is so mind boggling to me why - a month and a half later - I'm still without my $828.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TSJO9

I would be upset as well if I had to wait so long for a refund. I am terribly sorry that this has been your experience with our service. I would like to help.

I will send you a Private Message for further account review.

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

So the above customer service representative informed me (lied to me) and told me the $828 had already been refunded.  Same story I've gotten from other customer service reps, yet when I ask him for an approval code or transaction number associated with the refund, all I get are crickets.

VISA is working on this as well and I WILL get my money, but it's too bad it had to take me contacting Verizon "customer service" reps over 10 times just to get the ball rolling on this.  I literally have spent at LEAST 8 hours of my time on the telephone and writing letters about this.  Potential Verizon customers beware.  I have been a customer of Verizon for over 15 years, and this is how I've been treated.  Lied to, hung up on and treated like I'm inconveniencing them.

I will stay with this thread and notify people exactly how and when it is ultimately resolved.  If I were a Verizon manager, I would read through my account, see how many times I've called about this, and start firing people.

WOODYKC40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I feel your pain, I have been trying to get my refund back also. They received mine back on 11/16/16 at there Fort Worth, TX warehouse. I to am getting the run around, first it was wait 1-2 billing cycles then wait 48hrs. My last call I was told now to wait 1-3 billing cycle that Samsung is refunding me the money I paid for the Note 7... I see a class action lawsuit in Verizon near future over not refunding people money they paid for these phone.

TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

You have rights as a consumer, and we should not be ignored and lied to like we have with Verizon Wireless.

I contacted the Washington Attorney General's office, the Consumer Protection Financial Bureau, and the Federal Communications Commission.

Within 24 hours of filing a complaint with the WA Attorney General, I had a call from the corporate liaison office at Verizon Wireless.  They left a message stating they had "some questions" for me, but he was not in the office when I returned his call.

Verizon WILL be paying me my money back, but it's sad that it took a long-standing customer 2 whole months and a dozen calls to Verizon Wireless and contact with multiple government agencies before anyone at Verizon even listened to me.  BUYER BEWARE, Verizon does not care about its customers no matter what their customer service reps say.  Frankly, I've had better customer service from a teenager at McDonald's than I've received from the supposed customer service dept at Verizon.

WOODYKC40
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes I will be calling them Monday morning also. My last call Verizon offer me $250 for my inconvenience for getting the run around. Im like you i just want my money back from something that did not work. Now Im stuck in this 2yrs contract that I wish I had stayed with Sprint now...

TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon confirmed they messed up.  They told me I never returned the phone until I showed them the RECEIPT.

Crooked crooked Verizon and their lousy customer service.  Very poor.  You lost a customer for life as well as the three others on my family plan.

TSJO9
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I happened to get corporate involved and they have made this right for me.  It's unfortunate that the 15 other customer service representatives wouldn't listen to me long enough to solve this very easy problem.  Including the customer service rep who responded to this very thread.  He didn't even listen to me.