Note 7 Recall
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Is there any truth to the latest press going around that Samsung is recalling all Note 7 owing to battery burning/exploding? Has Verizon voiced any opinion or position on this matter. Appears Samsung has halted all further shipments and deliveries of Note 7 (Is this true?).

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Recall
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader
0 Likes
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

The Internet is buzzing with impending global recall predictions and yet there is this...

Samsung Galaxy Note 7: Battery of the flagship has no problem says component supplier

0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I just had a chat on the Samsung website. Not surprisingly, they are playing dumb. Like when I asked if it was true, there was a long delay (like figuring out what to say). Then he said: "We do not get any reported issues as of now regarding the battery explosions of Note7." To which I said 'so you are saying these reports are not true?' To which he said "Yes Wayne, we do not have any reported issues." I think his nose started growing at that point.

wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I think that there is a lot of truth to it.

Samsung provided engadget the following statement on the matter:

In response to questions on Galaxy Note7, we are conducting a thorough inspection with our partners. We will share the findings as soon as possible. Samsung is fully committed to providing the highest quality products to our consumers.

0 Likes
SUSCRA4
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same question. I have noticed that the phone gets very hot when charging. Makes me nervous.

wayne88
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

I wonder for us who are still within our 2 week return window, should we have to pay the re-stocking fee for a device that is going to be recalled? After all these returned phones are not going be restocked. I still have my Nexus 6P to replace one of our Note 7's. The for the other .......ATT Note 3.....aging HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Rezound.....BB Storm.....BB Storm 2........

rcschnoor
Legend

It appears there IS a recall and your phone will be replaced:

Samsung recalls Galaxy Note 7 over battery flaw - CNET

0 Likes