Note 7 Recall Disaster
gsjones

This Note 7 recall is getting pretty frustrating.  As soon as I saw the recall yesterday I left work and went straight to a VZW corp store (Smyrna, TN) and was told they are not doing exchanges there.  I could upgrade there after I get a text message, but would have to pay activation fees.  Then I get a text telling me to upgrade on the website, but that has a $20 upgrade fee on it.  What gives?  Also, I understand that the S7 one-year upgrade that my wife got the same week I got my Note 7 with 1-yr upgrade plan is no longer available?  In addition, my Note 7 accessories are a loss since I bought them outside of VZW?  So big waste of time and now I have fees to pay and lose 1-year upgrade option?  How is the customer really getting taken care of here?  Disaster!  How do I get at least a fair exchange without taking steps backward?  Already losing the best phone in the lineup, but also losing in $$?  Verizon, help!

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Recall Disaster
marcuss_vzw
Verizon Employee

Gsjones, I would be frustrated as well. You've been through a lot with this recall. After receiving the text message you will need to order your new phone online. You will receive safety packaging to return your Note 7. Yes, you will have the normal charges for getting Although we are not able to reimburse for third party accessories, you are able to keep any accessories that were purchased or included with the Note 7. Here's more information >> Samsung Galaxy Note7 Recall Exchange FAQs | Verizon Wireless

MarcusS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Note 7 Recall Disaster
princeshoko
Enthusiast - Level 3

Down here in Shelbyville same issue s GSJONES.   Lots of us in Mid TN having issues.      I was told that th upgrade fee of the note 7 would be refunded.  yet I paid no upgrade fee  so thats a true loss of $20 which im not doing.   Still sitting on my note 7.   If it explodes my lawyers can deal with it.

Sad my only option is the iPhone 7 now.   If im ever able to get an exchange.  Im not going out of pocket they can eat me first.

0 Likes