Re: Note 7 Recall Details
IncredibleJedi
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, my experience with Verizon customer service has actually been pretty smooth, thus far.

I pre-ordered my Note 7 from my nearest Verizon Wireless corporate store, and received it on release day 8/19. Once the recall was issued last Friday, I went in to Verizon the next day and spoke to two managers regarding exchanging my Note 7, and showed them (online) how Sprint and Best Buy were offering temporary devices until new Note 7's were shipped out, and then you could switch back, with no fees and such.

The first manager I spoke with seemed to not know any details about other carriers exchange programs, but said the only thing I could do was return my Note 7 and get a full refund (And then get another phone), or I can exchange my Note 7 for an S7 or S7 Edge. I then asked this manager if I could speak to their supervisor, the "manager's manager", who happened to be working that day.

The first manager insisted that their manager, the corporate store's "General Manager", would tell me the same thing. However after speaking with the General Manager, who was more concerned about my safety. and how something on this scale,hasn't happened in recent history, they offered to do a personal exchange with me once the new Note 7's arrived, regardless if it was past the 9/30 deadline, with no extra fees. Basically a free exchange.

Keep in mind, throughout this whole process I wasn't blaming anyone, complaining about the process nor my safety (though my safety was my priority), or trying to take advantage of the situation. I know everyone's experience and customer service treatment will vary, but I do want to commend my local Verizon corporate store's General Manager for assisting me through this process. I look forward to exchanging my Note 7 for another when they are available.

Although Verizon hasn't outright said it yet, I imagine that once the final details are more concrete, Verizon should offer this for all their Note 7 customers.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

You have got to be kidding. These things don't miraculously get fixed overnight.

0 Likes
mzjme34
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm cancelling my verizon services tomorrow due to their employee signing me up for another 2 year contract without even informing he told me to sign for just the purchase of the device. THe guy just started on about how he can compensate for my troubles and made it worse. After paying a 1/3 of the value of the device I came back came back shortly after realizing he added a line. I then had to pay to return the device more than I had paid for it from the start. I called Verizon and ther was nothing they could do except apply the amount towards the bill. It's 395 to cancel my services screw you Verizon I hate Verizon I will never refer anyone to Verizon. I suggest everyone just wait to get a new note 7 don't bother with returns because Verizon will gladly take your money and screw you over.

SuBDivisions
Enthusiast - Level 2

Clarify the above post.. TouchWiz has Not been removed from any Note7.. That is Samsung's UI and No Carrier is authorized to remove it.  If you took that off, it would be Vanilla Android, and that's not happening on this device.

CHRSWI27
Enthusiast - Level 3

I was told by a store representative that the replacement would be available next week. I would also like to know how to get a replacement since I also bought mine online.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

I also bought mine online from Verizon as that was what they were encouraging.  Are you suggesting that our exchange process will differ from those who bought it at a store?  Or am I misunderstanding your situation?

DANNEW81
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought mine through phone sales and when I talked to my local corporate store they said I could return it there when they came in.

FAIGUY9
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just called Verizon and the Rep said that even though I pre ordered ONLINE I could take my phone into the store as early as next week to exchange for another Note 7 (according to Rep, Samsung said new phones would start delivering to Stores next week). I clarified if I would need to bring in proof of purchase or a receipt and he said no, that they would be able to see all of that on my account-just bring in my phone.

GOODCOPSC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am so hoping this is the way it will go down next week and Thanks for sharing this information.

varcher_89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for that info.  Hoping that is what really happens next week!!