Note 5 os 7 update failure
LBIER16

Update to os 7 on my note 5 has caused major issues on my phone. Battery life is down to 3 hrs, lost contacts, email functionality is having major issues, phone can not find 4g networks. To make matters worse, both verizon and samsung have not responded to emails, and i have spent 3 hrs sitting on hold the last couple of days. Never actually spoke with a real person. Getting close to losing a previously loyal customer, but they are still trying to sell me everything

0 Likes
Re: Note 5 os 7 update failure
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You may want to do a backup of your phone first. Do you have Verizon sua software update assistance?

Try hooking your phone up to your computer and see if the sua can help. Also try the VZ Protect app it may help as well. If none of this helps you may have to do the factory reset and clear cache partition in recovery mode  

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

nougat changed many things, sync schedule for imap email, notifications, what's viewed/not viewed on lock screen + a few others i can't recall.

chances are good you're phone is continually updating, email, messages, app, social media & one of the biggest draws is being on wi-fi.

0 Likes
jakeaaron

Hate the new update- after 4 calls to tech support, 2 store visits, one factory reset (which fixed nothing) and the joy of moving everything to a new phone, now the new phone wants me to download Nougat 7 on it- NO WAY!  Issues were- no sound/audible notification for incoming text messages or calls (random), no fast charging, random screen dimming/freezing, random failure to connect on outgoing calls,... it was awful.  How can I get rid of the current notification to update on the new phone?  I don't want to go through this again????

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you hate the new update & the phone wants to update to nougat???

0 Likes