Note 5 battery drain/slow to no charge
gerbtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the past month, my Note 5 battery has been draining quickly. Over the weekend, It died because it wouldn't charge at all plugged into the wall with the original charger or other chargers. On my drive to work, it charged VERY slowly in the car and has gotten up to 30% after 9 hours plugged into my work computer via USB.

I have done a soft reset.

I have done a partition cache wipe.

I will do a factory reset if necessary, but don't want to if it won't help anything.

What should I try next?

Re: Note 5 battery drain/slow to no charge
bearone21
Legend

turn it off when charging.

0 Likes
Miladselim
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you notice this after the nost recent uodate? My phone is doing that only after I uodated the phone.

lindamcd
Contributor - Level 1

Are you serious? I need my phone to work...24/7    They had better get this fixed; and soon. This is a $700 phone? I haven't had it very long at all.

0 Likes
gerbtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. It was after the Marshmallow update.

I ended up going ahead and doing a factory reset. It has been charging fine ever since. Still drains faster than I think it should (don't have location on unless I am using maps, don't use bluetooth, etc), but it is much better.

0 Likes
gerbtastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

That didn't do anything.

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I would not hold my breath on that. I have had problems with my s5 since May

after their last update and they have not told me one thing that has helped. I have done a lot of research

on it and at least my battery doesn't drain quickly but it still has a mind of it's own

when it comes to shutting down and then takes forever to reboot.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

chances a are your 24/7 needs includes fb & other media app updates....you're using more of the battery than can be replaced when charging with the phone on.

0 Likes
Dsnutz81

My phone is having the same problem since the last update. I hope this will be fixed soon or I'll be done with this phone.

0 Likes
SHERHO80
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed mine doesn't fast charge anymore after the "update" I did a few days ago. 

0 Likes